Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help me choose the fabric please!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-me-choose-fabric-please-t118599.html)

mic-pa 04-25-2011 02:47 AM

I just finished a quilt top using two colors and it turned out terrific. I used the "Drundards Path" pattern. So many ways to arrange the blocks.

pocoellie 04-25-2011 04:03 AM

If your son only wants his school colors, then I would go ahead and use them. Another great 2 color block would be Quilter's Cache pattern, night and day.

dd 04-25-2011 04:53 AM

A single Irish chain in just green and white would be beautiful. If the green were the main color that would be backward but very interesting. I would rather break the rules and that sounds beautiful to me. drunkards path would be great too but the curves might be a little much if you are really new to quilting.

A nine patch is kinda like an Irish chain but if you put sashing between maybe a green hand dye in almost the same green, that would give it a little variety.

But you know if it's not what he asked for ...

My son keeps telling me he doesn't want a quilt. If he asked me for an all one color 9 patch, I would probably make it.

GrannieAnnie 04-25-2011 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by virgwid
I need help picking a fabric. I am making a quilt for my son for college. Colors are kelly green and white. I bought those today. I am afraid it will look like a picnic tablecloth if I stick with just those colors. 2 members here have helped me immensely with pattern ideas, but now I really need you to help me pick the third color. My son hasn't a clue. He wanted to keep it green, so I gave him these options. Can you help me pick please? I really wanted a contrasting color, but son wants to stick to school colors. Help!

Can't see the pics. What is the school mascot? Any possibiltiy you could find a fabric like that?

I need help picking a fabric. I am making a quilt for my son for college. Colors are kelly green and white. I bought those today. I am afraid it will look like a picnic tablecloth if I stick with just those colors. 2 members here have helped me immensely with pattern ideas, but now I really need you to help me pick the third color. My son hasn't a clue. He wanted to keep it green, so I gave him these options. Can you help me pick please? I really wanted a contrasting color, but son wants to stick to school colors. Help!

Can't see the pics. What is the school mascot? Any possibiltiy you could find a fabric like that?

Sorry for the repeats! Can't get replies posted sometimes.

Dina 04-25-2011 05:27 AM

GrannieAnnie, if you will select the first site on the second message Virg sent, you will be able to see the fabric.... or at least I was able to. :)

quiltsillysandi 04-25-2011 06:44 AM

As best I can tell from the pics, I'd probably go with a coordinating blue that's in the one piece of fabric....Good Luck...
I'm sure no matter what you pick, he will love it!

San

GrannieAnnie 04-25-2011 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dina
GrannieAnnie, if you will select the first site on the second message Virg sent, you will be able to see the fabric.... or at least I was able to. :)

I tried, Dina, didn't work. thanks anyway!