Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help Me Find Quilt Stops on my TRIP!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-me-find-quilt-stops-my-trip-t142823.html)

BeckiQuilts 08-05-2011 07:27 AM

I wasn't sure where to post this question, but I am so excited I can hardly type, or think. In September, my DH and I are taking a long awaited road trip from Central Alabama, to Kennebunkport Maine. We will be going the slow scenic route, and I really need some ideas for quilt "stops". I am always seeing topics about certain shops and wished I was there, so please help me out. We will travel through Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, Penn., upper state New York, Vermont, and of course, Maine. Doesn't that sound fun? If you had rather pm me, that's ok, too. Thanks, friends.

kwhite 08-05-2011 07:29 AM

detour through Lancaster Pa. You will not be disappointed. Alos the original Dear Jane quilt is in a museum in Vermont. I am not sure if it is on display right now but I would Love to go see it one day.

feffertim 08-05-2011 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by BeckiQuilts
I wasn't sure where to post this question, but I am so excited I can hardly type, or think. In September, my DH and I are taking a long awaited road trip from Central Alabama, to Kennebunkport Maine. We will be going the slow scenic route, and I really need some ideas for quilt "stops". I am always seeing topics about certain shops and wished I was there, so please help me out. We will travel through Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, Penn., upper state New York, Vermont, and of course, Maine. Doesn't that sound fun? If you had rather pm me, that's ok, too. Thanks, friends.

If you have an Iphone or IPad, there is a free app that lets you find quilting stores all over the country. Its great

sarahrachel 08-05-2011 07:33 AM

I was just about so say, make sure you hit Lancaster. I've never been there to shop, but have seen some neat shops driving by. I can't think of any in my area though, Joann's is the closest for me (I think) unless I just don't see them

ptquilts 08-05-2011 07:33 AM

don't forget Keepsake Quilting in Center Harbor, NH - you'll love it!!

kwhite 08-05-2011 07:34 AM

Ahhh yes . Keepsake. I didn't think of that one. Another must see for me some day.

CoriAmD 08-05-2011 07:42 AM

So a Mapquest search - Quilt shops in (whatever city you will be passing thru) You might get some good results from this.

OCQuilts 08-05-2011 07:46 AM

I agree, drive thru Lancaster, I'd encourage you to veer just into NJ . Exit 40 on Rte 95 in Pa. Olde City Quilts is a great shop that is mostly unknown....4000 bolts and growing...Gammill and Bernina Machines, 10,000 Sq ft We are worth the trip......theres also another cute shop right up the road!

sueisallaboutquilts 08-05-2011 08:04 AM

Ohhh, that sounds like such a fun trip!!!! I hope you get to Amish country in Ohio- it's beautiful and they have lovely quilt shops and baked goods, jams, cheeses, oh yum!!!!!!!
Have a wonderful trip and be sure to tell us all about it :D

MissSandra 08-05-2011 08:19 AM

I love Joyful Quilter in Glenville NY!!! its a happy place wiht great service!