Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help me identify this quilt kit, please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-me-identify-quilt-kit-please-t54128.html)

katied772 07-12-2010 12:20 PM

Okay, this is probably asking for a miracle, but... While sorting through my quilt stuff I came across a quilt kit I bought about 2 1/2 years ago from a quilt shop in Zanesville, Ohio. I actually bought two of these kits and can't find the pattern for them. I can't imagine that I wouldn't have bought the pattern, but who knows. I'm not even sure what to look for. Don't remember it. I think it may have been a pattern that was popular at that time. The kit contains 8 yards of fabric cut into 238 6" squares, containing 7 each of 36 different fabrics, 10- 4 1/2" strips for the borders and 10-2 1/" strips for the binding. The kits themselves (which the shop made up) were really pretty floral fabrics. Any idea anyone? Thanks.

Lady Tapioca 07-12-2010 12:36 PM

Sorry, no idea....but maybe you can call the quilt shop?

donnajean 07-12-2010 12:38 PM

Is the quilt shop still there that you can see if someone remembers cutting those kind of pieces? After my sister passed, I would find magazines in with groups of fabric. She would keep the whole magazine with the fabric even though it was the one pattern she would make someday. I also found some already cut quilt pieces, but could not find the pattern she intended to use.

sharon b 07-12-2010 12:39 PM

Is there any paperwork in the kits ? A name of any sort ?

Maybe you could just sew the squares into a 9 patch and use the other as sashing ?

katied772 07-12-2010 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lady Tapioca
Sorry, no idea....but maybe you can call the quilt shop?

I tried the shop and the lady that was doing the kits at that time is no longer there. No one else remembers. I don't think I would have bought the pattern (especially 2 of them) without the pattern. Darn!

katied772 07-12-2010 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Is there any paperwork in the kits ? A name of any sort ?

Maybe you could just sew the squares into a 9 patch and use the other as sashing ?

There's just a 3x5 card listing the pieces.

Darlene 07-12-2010 02:29 PM

I bought 2 kits once that didn't include any pattern. I had to buy the book but got a good deal on Amazon. So some quilt shops do sell kits without a pattern. It has to do with the copyright laws. My shop didn't tell me either and I called them up and let them know it wasn't fair not to warn people about the no pattern included.

katied772 07-12-2010 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Darlene
I bought 2 kits once that didn't include any pattern. I had to buy the book but got a good deal on Amazon. So some quilt shops do sell kits without a pattern. It has to do with the copyright laws. My shop didn't tell me either and I called them up and let them know it wasn't fair not to warn people about the no pattern included.

I wish they had at least put the name of the pattern on the kit. It just lists the pieces and size of the quilt. I know I could just piece it together since it is all 6" squares but I remember buying it because I loved the look of the finished product.

craftybear 07-12-2010 06:13 PM

that is terrible, I hope you find the pattern for it, does the shop have the phone # of the lady that worked there at that time?

franie 07-12-2010 06:15 PM

Now there is a true mystery! It gave me an idea on how to do our mystery quilt for next year or something similar--a challenge maybe. No clue but I was thinking what you had might be around the world type quilt.