Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help Me from shopping!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-me-shopping-t208719.html)

TanyaL 12-19-2012 07:43 AM

If it will just sit on your shelf it wouldn't have been a bargain if it had been free. I know I am in a minority here.

grandme26 12-19-2012 07:45 AM

Sorry I can not give you that advice, but I can say only buy the fabric that you can use in a quilt you have on your to do list.

Bluehouse 12-19-2012 08:03 AM

I think of it as stocking up for retirement !.....Happy Shopping !

BrendaK 12-19-2012 08:13 AM

Well Brenda, if you can afford the purchases I say "GO FOR IT". I really don't think anyone on this board would tell you not to go. How often are any of us able to purchase anything at 75% off? That said, If you can't afford it or feel guilty about spending the money, then the sale isn't worth it. This is something that only you can decide. Good luck in what ever you end up doing. If you do purchase anything be sure to show us, then I can just forget about the last letter in your avatar and think that it's me loving all the new goodies. BrendaK

G'ma Kay 12-19-2012 08:21 AM

Why would you not want to get the great bargains? I would personally take out a loan!

LTeachergeorge 12-19-2012 08:26 AM

Wish I were closer too!! My first job was at a Fabricland (the beginning of my addiction -- I still have a couple pieces from that time -- the 100% cottons come in handy for quilting). I knew they were a chain, but didn't realize they were so widespread. Our supervisors came in from St. Louis. Have a great time buying what you can. Show us pics if you can so we can oooh and aaah over it!
LInda

MargeD 12-19-2012 09:42 AM

I'm afraid I can't help you, if you have the money - get the fabric. I try to buy basics, neutrals and fabric for backings when I spot a sale, especially 75% off. I'm still using fabric I bought at $2.99 from clearance at a LQS, I bought enough for backings, even though a couple fabrics decided they wanted center stage on the front. LOL. If I had the money, I'd be right there with you, especially neutrals, as I always seem to run out of them, then can't find anything on sale. Give yourself a Christmas present from your "Quilting Santa".

solstice3 12-19-2012 09:51 AM

Only buy what you can afford. I am a compulsive sale buyer and heaven help me, I buy faster than I can create!!!! Step back from the fabric, lady, and you won't get hurt!!!! Put the fabric down!!!! (hahaha)

IBQLTN 12-19-2012 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Brenda M (Post 5727640)
Hello everyone, our local Fabricland store is closing and this week all the quilting material, actually everything in the store, went on sale for 75% off!!!! Oh no....everytime I go out to finish my Christmas shopping, I end up going back and fabric shopping!!!!!!
Please give me words of "encouragement" to keep me out of the store!!!! hahahahahahahahahahaha
(I'm sure evryone else would finish their Christmas shopping first!!! ) LOL

You've posted to the wrong board if you want dis​couragement!

KyKaren1949 12-19-2012 10:57 AM

Those are prices you NEVER find. Heck, I'd be buying all I could carry too. Think how much money you're saving in the long run. That's what I always tell my hubby, "Look how much money I'm saving you!!!" That's my story and I'm sticking to it!