Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help With my Portrait Wallhanging for my Great Granddaughter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-my-portrait-wallhanging-my-great-granddaughter-t307342.html)

littlebitoheaven 10-08-2019 12:45 PM

Help With my Portrait Wallhanging for my Great Granddaughter

1 Attachment(s)
I just received my printed pattern from Spoonflower and I love it! Now I would love to have your input on how you would quilt this wall hanging. I'm thinking Superior monopoly thread (light and dark as needed). I'm not proficient at FMQing but have done several projects. I really don't want to mess this one up. Any ideas that you may share with me would be greatly appreciated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]618328[/ATTACH]

Tartan 10-08-2019 02:04 PM

Awesome! I think I would quilt in the rock and water texture with the monopoly thread and leave the center pictures unquilted but outline stitch around them.

juliasb 10-08-2019 02:30 PM

This will be one grand wall hanging! Such beautiful fabric with a beautiful grand daughter. I like the idea of the monopoly thread. I might even quilt up into the darker part of the animal.

Trapunta 10-08-2019 03:08 PM

That's beautiful! I went to the Spoonflower web site, but I don't see where to get your photo printed. Am I missing something? How did you do it?

NJ Quilter 10-08-2019 05:25 PM

No clue on how to quilt but that is a fabulous panel!

Ariannaquilts 10-08-2019 08:47 PM

I too love your panel, absolutely stunning photos. Spoonflower does amazing work but they are so expensive. I looked into having something printed it would have cost $35.00 a yard, plus of course tax, shipping and handling. I know many people who have done basically 4 fat quarter's on a yard that was more cost effective for them.
As for the quilting I personally would stitch around your great grand daughter and the porpoise (can't think of the other name for it)! Can't wait to see your finished quilt.

Jordan 10-09-2019 07:36 AM

I don't have any clue as to how to quilt it. I just wanted to tell you those are beautiful pictures and this wall hanging will be such a treasure to your great granddaughter.

littlebitoheaven 10-09-2019 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Trapunta (Post 8311297)
That's beautiful! I went to the Spoonflower web site, but I don't see where to get your photo printed. Am I missing something? How did you do it?

Trapunta! On the "Home" page there is a spot at the top left that asks you to "upload your design". That is where I started. I did join their site. I have been very pleased with the results. My photo is printed on a yard of white fabric, which is 42" wide. You must also choose "yard". They show "fat quarter". The printed photo on 1 yard cost me $15.95. Let me know if you need more help. Yolanda

Trapunta 10-09-2019 02:46 PM

Thanks, Yolanda!

linmid 10-10-2019 04:10 AM

What an inspiration and learning experience your post has been. I am no help on the quilting but am excited to see what you decide to do.