Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help... Need another cutting mat (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-need-another-cutting-mat-t154389.html)

zipit 09-20-2011 08:12 AM

I am in a pickle to cut some WOF strips and didn't bring a large enough cutting mat with me. Silly me didn't check my repeats and thought I could split my fabric before cutting. Doesn't it figure that there aren't two on each half?

Where's the best place, online or off, to get mats?

LLWinston44 09-20-2011 08:18 AM

I don't know where you're at, bu if you have any kind of coupon, and a Michaels, get it there. I found a ruler I had been wanting after I got it at Joannes with a coupon. Michaels regular price was Joannes sale price, and since they match coupons I could have gotten it for way less.

crafty pat 09-20-2011 08:26 AM

Got mine at Hobby Lobby with 40% coupon from the weekly add in the paper.

zipit 09-20-2011 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by LLWinston44
I don't know where you're at, bu if you have any kind of coupon, and a Michaels, get it there. I found a ruler I had been wanting after I got it at Joannes with a coupon. Michaels regular price was Joannes sale price, and since they match coupons I could have gotten it for way less.

Thank you. There is a Michaels, Joanns and Hancock Fabrics all within a mile or so of each other.

I think I get Michaels coupons too. All of my Joanns are on my phone. I wounder if they'd take that?

Aully 09-20-2011 08:29 AM

I just bought my quilting mat on ebay. It is an Omnigrid 24" by 36".

purrfectquilts 09-20-2011 08:30 AM

I have too many mats and will probably never get to buy another one .....but, if I did......I would use a coupon and get the kind that has grids on both sides and goes with a ruler that has a roughened edge so that it automatically sharpens your cutters each time you make a cut. They are red in color.

dltaylor 09-20-2011 08:47 AM

Walmart / Joanns

bearisgray 09-20-2011 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by zipit
I am in a pickle to cut some WOF strips and didn't bring a large enough cutting mat with me. Silly me didn't check my repeats and thought I could split my fabric before cutting. Doesn't it figure that there aren't two on each half?

Where's the best place, online or off, to get mats?

Look carefully at your fabrics before cutting to see where and how the design repeats.

zipit 09-20-2011 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Look carefully at your fabrics before cutting to see where and how the design repeats.

I have spent hours looking at the repeats. There's just no way I can split it first before cutting my strips.

The positive in this is that I'll get to see what's new since the last time I was out.

There's a really nice quilt shop that I'm going to go. I'll find a smaller print hopefully.

bearisgray 09-20-2011 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by zipit

Originally Posted by bearisgray

I have spent hours looking at the repeats. There's just no way I can split it first before cutting my strips.

The positive in this is that I'll get to see what's new since the last time I was out.

There's a really nice quilt shop that I'm going to go. I'll find a smaller print hopefully.

Could you line up the repeats vertically? Sometimes the repeats are more "vertical" than "horizontal"