Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   HELP! Need ideas for Girl's Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-need-ideas-girls-quilt-t246156.html)

HillCountryGal 05-03-2014 05:56 AM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]474196[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]474197[/ATTACH]

This is one I made for my grandaughter. She loved the "bows" on the squares.

AZ Jane 05-03-2014 06:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I love this one!! Can be very scrappy!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]474198[/ATTACH]

borntoquilt 05-03-2014 06:38 AM

MSQC has a tutorial called Bordered Squares. I don't care for the one on the wall but the child's size was adorable. Especially if you have some GIRLY fabric for centers. Looks fast, easy and darling...

liese 05-03-2014 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by kbishburg (Post 6700592)
Need a quick quilt for a little girl who has outgrown her crib quilt. Would like to give it to her when I give a crib quilt to the new baby brother in June. She loves pink and purple. I just can't get my head around this quilt and need ideas. Thanks!

Try Jennie Doan's Exploding Quilt Block. I posted one I did last month. I just kept exploding it 5x and it ended up about 45" square then I added borders to size I wanted to finish it at. Really easy top to make and FUN! I made 3 tops in 2 hours. Only thing is you lose your points but I'm sure a little girl won't notice!

MargeD 05-03-2014 08:11 AM

What does the little girl like - princesses, butterflies, flowers, etc.? I would find a fabric like that make a 9-patch with a plain square, maybe even making the plain square a snowball block. I've made a couple quilts with princess fabric and pink fabric with crowns to go with the princess motif, or ballerinas, but they were well received and by making the quilt with 2 1/2" strips for the 9-patch, then alternating with a 6 1/2" square, a 5 block row across and 7 down makes a good sized lap quilt with the addition of a narrow border and then a 5-6" border.

Dolphyngyrl 05-03-2014 09:29 AM

rail fence would look nice with a third color

Jingle 05-03-2014 02:54 PM

As long as she gets a new quilt with her favorite colors, I bet she won't care what the pattern is.

Preeti 05-03-2014 04:59 PM

Oh my, I have just finished a pink and purple quilt for a dear friend's daughter. It is called "A Walk in the Park". It was a free pattern from Craftsy.
I have just added pics to my album on Quilting Board - two girl quilts in pink/purple. So take a look and let me know if you need help with pattern/dimensions etc.

Mariah 05-04-2014 12:09 PM

I had the same problem at Christmas. Ended up a friend made a double "I Spy" for her and she loved it!
Now I am down to the last gr. daughter. Found some panels I am going to use for hers. Time just doesn't seem to be available this year.
You can get panels on line, Wa-Mar, ect. I got some at E-Bay.
Good luck!!'
Mariah

nancia 05-04-2014 04:13 PM

large tumbler works up fast, especially if you have a GO. have fun!