Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-please-t97181.html)

Sharonsews 02-07-2011 11:56 AM

I like the "wonkiness" of the material. I agree with the "Where's Waldo?" type of educational aspect. I would use a solid border then finish as normal.

Tropical 02-07-2011 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Rose_P
I agree with Julie and Jan . Also, the design is not planned with enough space around the letters to allow for 1/4" seams to be taken away. The letters might looked cramped. A little tyke might love his quilt to pieces, literally, so fewer seams could be a plus in this case.

I agree with Rose, Julie and Jan. The panel looks great the way it is and a lot of cutting would make the blocks too small. A narrow and then a wider border should finish it nicely. :)

MsSewer 02-07-2011 03:31 PM

Just a comment on the backing. You are talking about a quilt for a 3 year old. I would not use anything light as it will show dirt, food, etc. I would take a color such as the red and back it with that.

Eileen 02-07-2011 04:14 PM

That's really cute fabric. i think that I would use it as a center pannel. But if you could, I would cut out some of the letters of the name of the child & put it in a border.

Anna.425 02-07-2011 05:26 PM

I think it is cute as a panel and would also make a cute quilt if you used them individually. If you decide to cut them apart it might be fun to put the boy's name in the middle of the quilt.

coletteelizabeth 02-07-2011 06:15 PM

just a thought you could possibly cut it up and spell his name if there are enough letters and that of maybe a pet or your name. Another idea into the mix

Rose Bagwell 02-07-2011 07:13 PM

I would cut the blocks up or maybe 3-4 blocks,(letters) together and add sashing inbetween. I would use primary colors. Bright, bright colors.

kamaiarigby 02-07-2011 07:50 PM

I love the fabric, if it was me making this quilt I would find in my Ispy bin things that would go with A eg: A Apple B Bear make them into larger blocks of course you are going to end up with A larger quilt then I would use a bright multi strip fabric cut on the cross for the binding
Dale

Shirley Anne 02-07-2011 08:09 PM

I need help too. I can't find any Chicken blocks to make for my DH. We live on a very small farm and have even check out the local library 15 miles north but nothing to show color. I saw the chicken quilt t while back on here and have been looking ever since. Please help me if you can. Shirley Anne in Alger.

Durinda 02-07-2011 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
If it were me I would have to cut it up because my OCD would not allow for the randomness of the letters. I think if you will not lose any of the lettering cut it up and add different color sashing to each block to make them all the same size. I have 1 of these panels and that is what I will be doing with it.

My first thoughts mirrored yours! ABC order and same size blocks! OCD; a blessing and a curse! :lol: :thumbup: