Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help! PP Pattern Issues! >_< (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-pp-pattern-issues-%3E_%3C-t60794.html)

Lady Shivesa 08-22-2010 11:09 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Well I posted earlier about colors for my Husky PP project, and I tried to start on it last night. But the pattern was just too dang small!

So I decided to take it apart on my computer and print out each section - don't know if that's how I was originally supposed to do it or not!

Anyway, I started trying to print the individual pieces today and they're not coming up the same size. In the photos below you'll see that section B with the dog's eye is longer than section A to which it is supposed to join. To show you how it's supposed to go together, I included a pic of the smaller pattern together.

No matter what I try I can't get the pieces to print at the right ratio...any ideas what I can do?

Doesn't match up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]101978[/ATTACH]

How 'A' and 'B' are supposed to join up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]101979[/ATTACH]

Candace 08-22-2010 11:12 AM

It looks like when you printed them out, that somehow the sizing percentage got messed up. Be sure you're printing them out at 100%. You'll have to redo the one that is off. You either enlarged B or Decreased A by accident....

Oops I reread your comments. Are you sending them to your printer or copying them at a copy machine?

Candace 08-22-2010 11:13 AM

I think your problem is taking them apart on your computer. You should just print it out and then cut apart manually. Then the size will be consistent.

Lady Shivesa 08-22-2010 11:16 AM

I don't think I have a percentage option...I can choose between full page, 4x6, 5x7, etc.

Lady Shivesa 08-22-2010 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
I think your problem is taking them apart on your computer. You should just print it out and then cut apart manually. Then the size will be consistent.

That probably IS the problem...

So could I cut the smaller pattern apart, then scan and print larger?

Candace 08-22-2010 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Lady Shivesa

Originally Posted by Candace

That probably IS the problem...

So could I cut the smaller pattern apart, then scan and print larger?

I usually copy a pattern as is, increase it via the copy machine. Or scan it as is and increase it all by the same percentage. Then cut out the sections on the finished copy. You should try to keep a "master" that isn't cut up.

virtualbernie 08-22-2010 11:47 AM

Does your pattern say to cut it apart?

amma 08-22-2010 12:30 PM

Print out several copies. Take them to a copy store and enlarge them all by the same percentage.
**Just a FYI, not all copy machines will print the same, so make sure you get enough copies on the one machine***

spinnergs 08-22-2010 08:55 PM

I bought a program called Rapid Resizer that I found. It was set up for Stained glass work but it has a pattern printing program that will print your patterns to exact size, no matter how large or small you want to print. I have used it for years on everything. It wasn't expensive and the company is easy to work with. Highly recommend if you manipulate patterns like I do.

tooMuchFabric 08-22-2010 09:14 PM

It sounds like your printer thinks you have photo paper in there, or at least your graphics program does.

Try to get it to "just print the image" rather than it trying to fit a "photo" to a sheet of photo paper.

Alternatively,
Right click on the filename, and open the image file in Internet Explorer instead of whatever graphics program you use. Then print it from there.
It should print true size.