Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help pricing a Pfaff Creative 1467 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-pricing-pfaff-creative-1467-a-t315924.html)

Knitterpam 07-20-2021 02:38 PM

Help pricing a Pfaff Creative 1467

A 95-year-old friend wants to sell her Pfaff Creative 1467. This machine works beautifully and has been well cared for. I've looked in the usual places to try to price this peach of machine, but haven't found any relevant information. I'm wondering if anyone here has recently bought one or has seen one for sale. Thanks for any help that you can offer.

Gay 07-20-2021 03:43 PM

Have been browsing this machine, and it seems you would do well to get around $400. I know it won't be what your friend would like, but remember it is an older machine and parts are getting harder to get if it needs repairs. The companies just don't support older ones any more. Price may also depend on when it was last serviced, as that is an extra cost.

DrosieD 07-20-2021 06:49 PM

Its sad manufacturers don't support their older machines. The machine you are looking at is a gem. It is a Pfaff when Pfaff was truly built by Pfaff. Unfortunately, Pfaff has undergone many conglomerate changes, and sadly not for the better. If I still had my Pfaff 7570 I'd be happy but I'm no longer happy with current Pfaff machines. I want a Pfaff, not an overpriced loaded Singer that isn't even our Grandmother's Singer's.

Knitterpam 07-20-2021 07:30 PM

My friend has sewn regularly on the machine and it was serviced in 2019. She can no longer lift it out of its cabinet and uses her Featherweight for just about everything. She wants to re-home this machine to a worthy Pfaff lover and that is why I'm trying for find what a reasonable price would be. She could donate it, but it might never find a good home where it would be truly appreciated for the fine machine it is. You guys are right about support for this type of machine and its life is short because of the computer boards in it, but hopefully someone will enjoy it.

greensleeves 07-20-2021 07:50 PM

Sent you a PM. Thanks

mermaid 07-21-2021 09:02 AM

These are very helpful responses for me. I have the creative 1475, bought in the 80's when I was sewing on a precious Elna duplex. I chose to use my Elna the most as I LOVED the buttonhole and the Pfaff hardly at all. I was doing clothing back then. Since, I have moved up to Brother and Babylock machines for quilting and embroidery. I was wondering if my Pfaff would bring any $$.

bearisgray 07-21-2021 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by mermaid (Post 8497509)
These are very helpful responses for me. I have the creative 1475, bought in the 80's when I was sewing on a precious Elna duplex. I chose to use my Elna the most as I LOVED the buttonhole and the Pfaff hardly at all. I was doing clothing back then. Since, I have moved up to Brother and Babylock machines for quilting and embroidery. I was wondering if my Pfaff would bring any $$.

These are awesome machines - until the mother board quits.

I paid $250 for one a couple of years ago - and felt like I was stealing it.

mermaid 07-22-2021 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 8497518)
These are awesome machines - until the mother board quits.

I paid $250 for one a couple of years ago - and felt like I was stealing it.

Thank you for price info. I hope my MB is still in good shape since it was barely used,,,and then mostly for writing labels, the "creative" attachment a couple of times.
As I recall, it seems I pd abt $2400. new...no trade-in.

bearisgray 07-22-2021 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by mermaid (Post 8497679)
Thank you for price info. I hope my MB is still in good shape since it was barely used,,,and then mostly for writing labels, the "creative" attachment a couple of times.
As I recall, it seems I pd abt $2400. new...no trade-in.

This was for a pfaff 1475.

I paid around $250 for a Pfaff 1473 - maybe eight years ago? (Don't remember for sure.) It was a trade in at a dealer - that I felt waaay overcharged me for a repair on my 1471.