Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help with pricing sewing machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-pricing-sewing-machine-t131215.html)

IrelandDragonQuilting 06-17-2011 11:11 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Good day all! I am hoping my friends here can help me out with pricing this machine. I am wanting to sell it but do not know how much to ask or what it is worth. Any help or advice would greatly be appreciate.

Front ;P
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212912[/ATTACH]

the knob on the bottom left of this photo says reg, silk, emb it moves the feed dogs up and down
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212913[/ATTACH]

craftybear 06-17-2011 11:12 AM

does it run???

IrelandDragonQuilting 06-17-2011 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
does it run???

Oh yea, duh to me!

yes it runs

sewbizgirl 06-17-2011 11:23 AM

Well, it's unusual and right from the age period I love, but I wouldn't pay more than about $50 for it. If I was madly in love, I might pay up to $75. You would probably get the most for it on Ebay, but then you have to know how to pack it properly for shipping, so the heavy machine cannot shift AT ALL during shipment.

IrelandDragonQuilting 06-17-2011 12:57 PM

Shipping it would be easy it is very well maintained in its box, infact it is hinged to its box. and putting it another box and cushioning should be no problem, but shipping sure would be expensive! I sincerely appreciate your answer sewbizgirl and your honesty, and I think that asking right around 50 dollars would be fair perhaps. I am trying to find a user manual for it right now.... no luck though.

sewbizgirl 06-17-2011 05:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
Shipping it would be easy it is very well maintained in its box, infact it is hinged to its box. and putting it another box and cushioning should be no problem, but shipping sure would be expensive! I sincerely appreciate your answer sewbizgirl and your honesty, and I think that asking right around 50 dollars would be fair perhaps. I am trying to find a user manual for it right now.... no luck though.

I would still wrap it round and round with bubble wrap and fill in every air space within the case top very snugly. It's amazing how easy it is for those cases to arrive smashed to bits.

Gee, for $50 I would just keep it in my collection! You'll have no trouble if you want to sell it.

I wonder if it was made by the same manufacturer (in Japan) that made my Singer 15 clone-- "The Wizard" (sold by Western Auto stores). The name plate on the tower of mine looks a lot like the one on yours:

IrelandDragonQuilting 06-17-2011 05:20 PM

It might just be a clone, I have been trying to find on like it on the internet I have come closer but not quite it yet. I am not sure but I think it needs it bobbin case. I would keep it but I want to raise some money. I have another older machine that I have to dig out which I will post probably tomorrow to see what you think, I believe it is a brother in a large wooden case, boy it is HEAVY!

sewbizgirl 06-17-2011 07:51 PM

It might just be a clone, I have been trying to find on like it on the internet I have come closer but not quite it yet. I am not sure but I think it needs it bobbin case. I would keep it but I want to raise some money. I have another older machine that I have to dig out which I will post probably tomorrow to see what you think, I believe it is a brother in a large wooden case, boy it is HEAVY!

Can't wait to see it! Did you all know that Billy has started a thread in the Vintage Sewing Machine Shop, just for pictures of our old machines. It's lots of fun, you should go take a look:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-130994-1.htm

montanajan 06-17-2011 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl

I would still wrap it round and round with bubble wrap and fill in every air space within the case top very snugly. It's amazing how easy it is for those cases to arrive smashed to bits.

Gee, for $50 I would just keep it in my collection! You'll have no trouble if you want to sell it.

I wonder if it was made by the same manufacturer (in Japan) that made my Singer 15 clone-- "The Wizard" (sold by Western Auto stores). The name plate on the tower of mine looks a lot like the one on yours:

I recently passed on a Precision Belvedere Japanese made model from 50s - very much like yours. It was at local Goodwill for $40.00 - no zigzag, so I didn't get it (DIL & daughter each want a machine, & want zigzag for mending). Wish now I'd have picked it up "just because".

whinnytoo 06-18-2011 01:27 AM

nice looking machine!