Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help - Is this quilt layout working??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-quilt-layout-working-t173727.html)

Stitchit123 12-30-2011 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by traveler53 (Post 4824381)
It is looking good. The polka dots are giving it it's pop. As the other's said, keep working it and I bet you will like it once it's all together.

I just finished one of those "I don't like its" its been in a box for 3 yrs Well now that its done I love it It started out as a gift for my bro /sil .I made them another one so unless my SIL begs me on bended knee : ) I'll keep this one for myself

QandE2010 12-30-2011 12:36 PM

I agree that none of the colors should be touching. Other than that, I would keep on keeping on. Good luck and show us pictures when it is finished.

Quiltaddict 12-30-2011 01:34 PM

I like your fabrics and the layout. Keep going and keep us updated on the progress.

deemail 12-30-2011 03:00 PM

it think it's the size problem....you need to be all the way across the room to see it...and then i think you should quilt in the deep teal to 'mute the contrasts between the white and gray and the white and teal.... i think the border comments were right on... i would do a tiny white, 2" gray (or whatever the width of your strips is), and then a generous teal...the teal thread would be tone on tone for the big border and blend the other two colors and borders together... i think it's lovely and you have just achieved some sort of burnout...it will be a whole different store when you get the borders in place...

Yvie 01-01-2012 05:02 AM

Thank you very much for your encouragement and advise. It's great to have some other opinions. I now feel much happier about carrying on with this quilt top and I will take your advice and change out a couple of pieces to ensure the same colour pieces aren't touching.

Thanks again.
Y

cheaha39 01-01-2012 06:10 AM

Yes, it is working. I would go for borders of yellow or another warm color.

lillybeck 01-01-2012 06:19 AM

I do like it this way. Are you using more than one border? My opinion is to use 3 in contrasting colors. You will probaby like it better when it is finished

bigsister63 01-01-2012 06:24 AM

Overall the layout and color combo are very nice and pleasing. I do think that the one hex that may be throwing it off is the one without the darker color in it (upper left hand side) All other hex that you atre showing have the dark color in them. I would suggest either to leave that out or to put it in the middle. Try printing a pic in grayscale to see if any squares look out of place or use a door peephole thing to see how it looks. Good luck and post so we can see what yiou end up with.

coldquilter 01-01-2012 06:37 AM

I think it's really cool. I absolutely love the color choice. It looks great. Only small detail would be the two dark touching but again, it's really nice even with that.