Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   HELP (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-t85999.html)

jfowles 12-29-2010 01:10 PM

I just promised myself no more spending and I have just ordered $100.00 wort of precuts and patterns from EBAY. I need to stay away from the computer. That's it , I'm going cold turkey. I may need to stay off this website for a while too, I get such great ideas that I just want to cruise the internet for great deals. Everything was on sale and I have asked for free shipping(not much chance of that happening, thought it couldn't hurt to ask). I'm doing every thing a can to justify my purchases I keep promising hubby that I will stop but don't. How do you stay within a budget and just work with what you have? My stash is comparatively small but I have plenty to work with. I'm always thinking of all the possibilities if I only had this or that. Well I've got plenty of this and that. I feel better unloading. Does anyone else have the same problem, I can't imagine I'm alone in this.

sueisallaboutquilts 12-29-2010 01:23 PM

I am just as bad if not worse!! lol
Please don't stay away from us, we'll miss you!!! :D:D:D:D
Oh yeah, Ebay is dangerous hahahaha

Mattee 12-29-2010 02:12 PM

I find that I can get my fix these days just by shopping in my own stash. Some things I've had so long, I forgot why I bought them. I've recently re-purposed a lot of fabric for gifts for people, which is using things up quite nicely! 20 minutes in my stash is better than online browsing any day, and guilt-free!

jaciqltznok 12-29-2010 02:17 PM

I spent last year just buying blenders and backgrounds...this year, I STOP buying completely! I have over 3,000 yds of fabric in my house...I do not need any more...and in fact will start selling some off soon!

FranW 12-29-2010 02:21 PM

This past Christmas was totally out of my stash. 7 sets of embroidered placemats and napkins, 13 embroidered pillowcases and 4 sets of reversible napkins. Oh, and 4 embroidered Christmas stockings for the GKs. But I made quite a dent in my Christmas fabric stash, perhaps I should replace it! Just kidding. I am really trying hard to buy less fabric in 2011.

bluteddi 12-29-2010 02:40 PM

I know the feeling.. I am pulled as if by a strong magnet to SALE or CLEARANCE or FABRIC signs........

Good for u Fran......... I did a bit but not enough...need to sew more.... must sew more!!!

okiepastor 12-29-2010 02:48 PM

Hi, Jacquie!
Don't forget to let me know when you start selling--will have to visit you from Manchester then!

Quiltforme 12-29-2010 02:49 PM

Get a prepaid visa card and only fill it with a set limit then give your other card to your hubby :) This helped me I only use a prepaid card on the internet only and if I have to put more money on it it really makes me think do I really need it.

Leann 12-29-2010 02:52 PM

We must be twins!

nativetexan 12-29-2010 02:56 PM

I've had to swear off quilt magazines. my sewing room was becoming over run with them! and I'm trying hard to use mostly the fabric I have on hand.
being out of work helps!