Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Heres an idea.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/heres-idea-t56318.html)

bejay28 07-26-2010 08:29 AM

If anyone else is teaching themselves how to FMQ or Stipple, you know all them 12 x 12 inch blocks that we practiced on.... well, sew at least 4 of them together to make a bigger block and donate them to your local animal shelter! The top, batting , the back and the binding is all there! Why not, I don't think the animals are really going to care how they look or what color the fabric is! I think it is a win - win situation!

Charleen DiSante 07-26-2010 08:36 AM

Fantastic idea! That means we don't have to be afraid to try it! That's what keeps me from trying some methods: fear of not being perfect.

Originally Posted by bejay28
If anyone else is teaching themselves how to FMQ or Stipple, you know all them 12 x 12 inch blocks that we practiced on.... well, sew at least 4 of them together to make a bigger block and donate them to your local animal shelter! The top, batting , the back and the binding is all there! Why not, I don't think the animals are really going to care how they look or what color the fabric is! I think it is a win - win situation!

bejay28 07-26-2010 08:53 AM

Mine are by no means perfect!!!! I have used ALOT of fabric and batting, LOL! I don't mind.....everybody has to start somewhere! This way as I am learning, I am also making a sleep mat for a shelter animal! We both win!

Lady Shivesa 07-26-2010 08:59 AM

That's such a good idea!!! :)

gailmitchell 07-26-2010 10:26 AM

Lovely idea..

stefanib123 07-26-2010 10:31 AM

My local shelter won't accept polyester batting, so you may want to check that first to make sure. I know most of us don't use it, but I just wanted to let you guys know.

Charleen DiSante 07-26-2010 10:47 AM

Thanks, I didn't think of that. Great advice.

Originally Posted by stefanib123
My local shelter won't accept polyester batting, so you may want to check that first to make sure. I know most of us don't use it, but I just wanted to let you guys know.

raptureready 07-26-2010 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by stefanib123

I'll bet your local nursing homes would accept them for lap quilts. I'm all for helping animals but our elderly humans need help too. They could even be put together in a long table runner style to wrap around cold shoulders. Many of the elderly have such poor eyesight they won't see our mistakes, they'll just love the fact that someone finally thought about them.

CarrieAnne 07-26-2010 01:08 PM

Thats a great idea!!!!!!!

ka9sdn 07-26-2010 02:02 PM

What a great idea. How do you even tell if they are mistakes, you are being creative and that is your pattern.