Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Herrschner's Warehouse Sale (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/herrschners-warehouse-sale-t50172.html)

doxieloverred 06-18-2010 04:42 AM

I am so excited! We went to the Herrschner Warehouse Sale in Stevens Point, WI yesterday. I got a bunch of expensive quilt patterns for .49 each, tons of scrapbooking stuff, latchhook kit for my girlfriend, a quilling kit, and more. But the exciting thing was the fabric!!! They had a selection of quilting fabrics, all top brands out there, also. I got a whole bunch of Laurel Burch (with the gold outlining) for $3.99- $5.99/yard! I also got some Christmas stocking panels (2 per panel) for 20 cents each! I'll make them up for the church bazaar in Dec. Needless to say, they WON'T be lined with Laurel Burch! Tables full of fabricc, what more could one ask for?! I was in heaven. LOL They had a table of free crocheting and knitting patterns too and I got some designer sewing patterns for 25-49 cents each. Any kind of craft imaginable was there. Some of it really good buys, some of it OK buys and some I didn't consider anything special as far as price. But all name brand stuff. This is the 3rd time I've gone but the first time they've had such an extensive line of fabrics. After that we went to eat and then went to.......Hancock Fabrics! They are having a huge sale also. It was a girls' day away and we had a blast. If you live anywhere close to Herrschner's, it's worth the drive. It runs through Sunday.

Yarn or Fabric 06-18-2010 04:44 AM

You are so lucky to live near a place like that! I'm envious! We only have a few stores in town, mostly boutique expensive places - then Hancocks & Snobby Lobby... and I have Sirs & Wilson's within driving distance. Sirs is nearly solid seconds and Wilson's is always an expensive trip lol. I do love Wilson's but they are not cheap.

reach for the stars 2 06-18-2010 05:03 AM

You are lucky to live near there. Sounds like a very productive day.

Tink's Mom 06-18-2010 05:58 AM

I was just trying to decide if I felt good enough for a road trip...it's only a 5 hour drive......

sewcrafty 06-18-2010 07:29 AM

:mrgreen: Boy would love a day like that!!! :lol: :lol:

Theresa 06-18-2010 07:31 AM

I think a quick road trip from Oregon is in the making!!!!

amma 06-18-2010 09:37 AM

Sounds like you had a wonderful shopping trip :D:D:D

Theresa 06-18-2010 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by amma
Sounds like you had a wonderful shopping trip :D:D:D

Yeah! Want to come along?

:-)

littlehud 06-18-2010 03:14 PM

Wow, that sounds like such a fun day. I would have loved to come along. :cry:

doxieloverred 06-18-2010 08:28 PM

Tink's Mom: It was almost a 4 hour drive for me from where I live in the UP but worth it! Hey, I got home at midnight, not too bad for me.

It was fun to go with my mom and sister and one of her friends who is just as crazy as we are.

If I can find the slip for the date, they are having another one in July but it's a smaller sale. This one now is the biggie of the year. I wish I had started with the fabric as I would have gotten more of that (like I need it! LOL) and fewer of other things. I never even made it into the retail store as I spent so much time in the warehouse. Besides, I had done alot of damage to my bank account by then.... :)

If anyone has a Cricut, I got the tool set for my daughter for $19. You can't find it around here for less than $35.

We, too, have only a few places to shop for fabric. There's Walmart and two local quilt shops. If I want Hobby Lobby, JoAnn, or Hancock I have to go to Green Bay which is almost 75 miles. Not that the distance stops me but sometimes I don't have the time or energy to do it, much less finding a day now that I'm working again. I needed a fun day away but I am definitely paying for it today! LOL

Just watch out when they cut fabric as they have young high school kids doing it. They did well but if it's a panel, they try to cut it folded instead of opening it out and then cutting. But, maybe I have them all educated for the next person!