Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   High or low shank? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/high-low-shank-t125257.html)

Lizzytish 05-23-2011 05:20 PM

I have a Husqvarna sapphire 830. I want to order feet for it but I don't know what if it is high or low shank.......
I think it is low. But not 100percent sure.
Thanks for any help. :thumbup:

TonnieLoree 05-23-2011 05:23 PM

My Husqvarna is a low shank. Pssst! Order from Sears for a Kenmore, or buy it off the rack at the store. HQ feet are expensive.

katier825 05-23-2011 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
My Husqvarna is a low shank. Pssst! Order from Sears for a Kenmore, or buy it off the rack at the store. HQ feet are expensive.

Never thought of that! Are the Kenmore feet snap on, or would I need a new ankle for them to fit my Viking?

Lizzytish 05-23-2011 05:47 PM

Thanks a bunch

TonnieLoree 05-23-2011 06:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by katier825

Never thought of that! Are the Kenmore feet snap on, or would I need a new ankle for them to fit my Viking?

My Kenmore from 1977 has a screw to tighten. My HQ also has a screw, but there is one attachment where when screwed on, different feet snap on and off. My HQ is a HQ/Viking. I know the companies merged to get the name. I know nothing about a Viking. Here are the feet for the Kenmore, that also fit the HQ/V.

Kenmore feet also fit a HQ
[ATTACH=CONFIG]201490[/ATTACH]

Shelbie 05-23-2011 06:18 PM

I don't think that all generic feet will fit a Husqvarna. I know my generic walking foot that fits my low shank Singers would not fit my Husqvarna Prelude 350. Instead of using my $24 walking foot, I ended up buying the Husqvarna one at $90. It looked like it would fit and it was close but it wouldn't quite screw on tightly. I'd suggest you check before you order them online.

TonnieLoree 05-23-2011 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Shelbie
I don't think that all generic feet will fit a Husqvarna. I know my generic walking foot that fits my low shank Singers would not fit my Husqvarna Prelude 350. Instead of using my $24 walking foot, I ended up buying the Husqvarna one at $90. It looked like it would fit and it was close but it wouldn't quite screw on tightly. I'd suggest you check before you order them online.

Isn't the singer a slant ankle? That would make a difference.

CoyoteQuilts 05-23-2011 09:43 PM

Some are, some aren't. You have to look at them and the feet to tell the difference. Here is a site that will help you tell which shank machine you have:

http://shop.sew-classic.com/What-sha...hank-Style.htm

montanajan 05-24-2011 12:04 AM

Some, not most Singers are slant needle; same goes for some other brands - depends on the model & year.

katier825 05-24-2011 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by katier825

My Kenmore from 1977 has a screw to tighten. My HQ also has a screw, but there is one attachment where when screwed on, different feet snap on and off. My HQ is a HQ/Viking. I know the companies merged to get the name. I know nothing about a Viking. Here are the feet for the Kenmore, that also fit the HQ/V.

That spring foot looks just like mine. I'll have to check it out when I go looking for a new one. I've already got the nice viking walking foot with the snap in feet (Christmas present to myself). I lucked out and got it 40% off, but it was still expensive...worth every penny though, I love it!