Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   High and low weather and quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/high-low-weather-quilting-t72575.html)

Deborah12687 10-27-2010 06:27 AM

The weather here in Minnesota has been pretty bad the past few days and we set a low pressure record. I found that I got a lot more quilting done yesterday more then I ever have in one day. Do you feel the affects of high and low preasure to?

Murphy 10-27-2010 06:30 AM

Yes, I think the pain scale is lower with lower pressure and productivity goes up. Could you settle down that MN weather before I come that way for Thanksgiving (smile).

dkabasketlady 10-27-2010 06:30 AM

I feel better when there's LOW pressure also(I have FIBRO) and watch the weather every morning to see how my day is going to be!

lilithcat 10-27-2010 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
I feel better when there's LOW pressure also(I have FIBRO) and watch the weather every morning to see how my day is going to be!

I have Fibro too but just the opposite problem. When the pressure drops I have WAY more pain. All these crazy weather fronts are killing me!

Cat

littlehud 10-27-2010 07:44 AM

It effects my arthritis too. When I'm in pain its not fun to sew.

auntiehenno 10-27-2010 08:03 AM

Had a freeze here Mon. night and I loved it. Now I can go and smash those wasp nests on my deck to smitthereins(sp). Have 1 large 1 med and 2 small. They won't be coming near me next year. I am going to Wasp spray every inch onf the deck. From walls, furniture, bamboo curtains, the enitire area.

My arthritis, etc. loves the lower air pressure. But not the cold. Snow on Rockies from my LR vantage point. Awfully windy here yest.

bluteddi 10-27-2010 09:39 AM

I have fibro and rsd... and this low pressure system is killing me! The only reason I get anything done in the sewing room is because I am up all night hurting!

kriscraft99 10-27-2010 09:41 AM

it has been raining today and my energy level is zilch... no motivation so I've been watching my recorded Nancy's Notions and Fon's & Porter quilting shows along with going through quilting magazines that I purchased off of this board.

Tippy 10-27-2010 09:46 AM

I don't know if it's high or low.. but I can definately tell you (better than the weatherman) when it's going to rain as I get migraines and my RA kicks up and makes the hands swell..
Ain't life grand???? <grin> but it doesn't stop me.. just slows me a bit. And I sew on the machine instead of by hand.

sueisallaboutquilts 10-27-2010 11:10 AM

I don't notice air pressure but I've been really down in the dumps and trying so hard to get motivated.
The shorter days affect me but not usually until after the holidays.
Not sure what's going on. I just had a severe case of bronchitis and was sick almost 2 weeks. :(
I'm feeling physically well again but my mood is not too good.