Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Historical Quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/historical-quilts-t19831.html)

quiltswithdogs 05-07-2009 08:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Me in the California Museum for History, Women and the Arts, in Sacramento, Ca. Maria Shriver, from Kennedy family, also known as Mrs. Arnold Schwartzenager and wife of California's Governor. She's a legend in her own right regarding women's issues and this is one proof.

This was an exhibit of historical quilts in the US. I love that history.
Many covered wagon stories break your heart.

If the photo doesn't show up, I'll try again.

At the California Museum of History, Women and the Arts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33425[/ATTACH]

Ninnie 05-07-2009 08:16 AM

Nice! Glad you had a good time.

littlehud 05-07-2009 07:45 PM

Cool quilts. I bet the stories behind them were wonderful.

Pats8e8 05-08-2009 09:32 PM

What did you do to your arm? Boy, I'd love to see those quilts, wonder if they will come to Southern Cal.

quiltswithdogs 05-08-2009 11:23 PM

Pat, I injured my shoulder. This day was late April, after my March surgery. I had to go back to operating room for it again in Sept. If you don't want 2 rotator cuff tears at once, don't lift your 88yr old, newly amputated leg, Dad's wheelchair into your car all by yourself! It's a year later, I have about 85% use back but still not pain free or strong. Dr expects it's going to be another 9mo to get to the best I will achieve. I have lots of medical issues and med allergies so I'm a complicated case. What I really hate is that it still interferes with quilting for long at my machine.

I can't remember who put on this exhibit or where they were going next. My sister gave me the weekend in Sacramento with her and our mom for my birthday. Except for frequent physical therapy sessions, 3 min from home, I stayed home so by this time I had cabin fever. This little change of scenery, 2hrs from home, felt like a major vacation! Nice of her to plan it around a quilt event. My sis and mom are my biggest fans but they know nothing about the quilting process, only what they've seen me do on occasion. I didn't learn how to quilt until about 9 years ago and they are impressed. Nice.

Shemjo 05-09-2009 06:56 AM

Glad you got to see the exhibit! :lol:
When I visited Sacramento, got to go to the capitol building and LOVED the floor tiles! There are so many inspirations for great quilts!

Sorry you are having so many issues with your shoulder. It ain't easy to heal some things! :?

sewjoyce 05-09-2009 06:58 AM

What a great exhibit!! (Sorry to hear about your shoulder/arm problems -- take care of yourself -- OK????)

RedGarnet222 05-09-2009 09:15 AM

Oh Lord! That sounds so painful! I fell hard running to my mom's room in the middle of the night while taking care of her during her last days (dang sunken livingroom she had and wood floors) It took three years to be right again. I totally understand.

The exibit is wonderful and it is nice to put a face to a name here on the board. Thanks for showing it.