Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hobbs Poly Down Batting questions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hobbs-poly-down-batting-questions-t173513.html)

pinkberrykay 12-28-2011 03:02 PM

Hobbs Poly Down Batting questions

I am shopping the Connecting Threads Sale:thumbup: and came upon some batting called Hobbs Poly Down Batting. It seems awfully inexpensive, so I out a queen size in my cart. The I got to thinking better find out some reviews on this before I place my order. So does anyone have any experience with this brand and type??

suebee 12-28-2011 03:05 PM

Ive used it once and just love it. Many of the longarmers here use it too. It has the perfect loft. In fact I bought my from connecting threads as well. You wont be sorry in my opinion :)

pinkberrykay 12-28-2011 03:19 PM

Suebee, thanks for the info. I think Ill grab a few for this price, plus free ship makes for a great deal.

Shelbie 12-28-2011 03:25 PM

It's my batting of choice and has been for a few years. I buy it by the 30 yard roll and use it for all of my baby, kid and college bound quilts. It quilts, washes and wears very well and has enough loft to be just a little puffy. If you want the absolutely flat quilt, this batting may not be to your liking. It comes 108" wide so I seldom have to piece it and it is affordable. The Canadian price worked out to less than half of W&N batting and about a third of 80/20. Charisma who is a fantastic machine quilter uses this batting all of the time and often posts pictures of her work on this board. This is also the batting that my guild uses for all of its Community Outreach projects.

SouthPStitches 12-28-2011 03:26 PM

It's great batting. I think you will be pleased.

deemail 12-28-2011 08:21 PM

and brings up another thing just discussed on another question...i buy queen size batts to cut into 4 quarters as they make the perfect size, 45 x 54, for baby quilts/laprobes, and both are perfect sizes for donor quilts...

Tartan 12-28-2011 08:23 PM

I think Charisma uses that to do her fantastic long arm quilting. I have not used it yet.

EasyPeezy 12-28-2011 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Shelbie (Post 4818901)
It's my batting of choice and has been for a few years. I buy it by the 30 yard roll and use it for all of my baby, kid and college bound quilts. It quilts, washes and wears very well and has enough loft to be just a little puffy. If you want the absolutely flat quilt, this batting may not be to your liking. It comes 108" wide so I seldom have to piece it and it is affordable. The Canadian price worked out to less than half of W&N batting and about a third of 80/20. Charisma who is a fantastic machine quilter uses this batting all of the time and often posts pictures of her work on this board. This is also the batting that my guild uses for all of its Community Outreach projects.

Shelbie, where do you order your batting by the roll? Thanks.

postal packin' mama 12-28-2011 10:03 PM

Any idea how Hobbs PolyDown compares to Quilter's Dream Puff? I've only used W & N but I'd like batting with a bit of puff and more warmth than the Warm & Natural, which is more flat than I'd hoped for.