Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   hobby lobby fabrics (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hobby-lobby-fabrics-t45045.html)

sewcrazygirl 05-05-2010 06:11 PM

does anyone know what company makes hobby lobby fabrics? I saw some selvage that says Brothers & Sisters, but I cant find it online. I am curious to know whats coming :)

SherriB 05-05-2010 06:27 PM

I don't know who makes it but it seems to be quality fabric. I have used if for totes, dress for my DGD and quilts and never had a problem with it.

Some of the designs seem to be a repeat with only a color change.

littlehud 05-05-2010 06:38 PM

I have been happy with most of the fabrics I buy there. I don't know who makes them.

CarrieAnne 05-05-2010 07:17 PM

I like their fabrics too, but no idea who makes them.

KathyKat 05-06-2010 03:07 AM

I like that fabric I've bought there also and they have great sales. Also a clerk there told me to check their website for coupons because they often have a 40% off coupon that you can use on one item. So I printed one off end went back and bought the Warm and Natural batting I needed for my next quilt and saved $8. I also got my quilt backing for 30% off.I just wish they had more selection.

Suzanne57 05-06-2010 04:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Brother Sister Design Studio is a private label brand for Hobby Lobby. "The retailer purchased exclusive rights to the artwork of Debra Bryan of California, who created snowman characters for the Cozy line. With Florentine Noel, Hobby Lobby has a two-year licensing deal for the designs created by New Jersey artist Susan Zulauf." According to the article I read these two started the designs.
I have a couple of pieces of fabric with another OBW in mind.

sewcrazygirl 05-06-2010 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Suzanne57
Brother Sister Design Studio is a private label brand for Hobby Lobby. "The retailer purchased exclusive rights to the artwork of Debra Bryan of California, who created snowman characters for the Cozy line. With Florentine Noel, Hobby Lobby has a two-year licensing deal for the designs created by New Jersey artist Susan Zulauf." According to the article I read these two started the designs.
I have a couple of pieces of fabric with another OBW in mind.

i wish there was a way to find out what there new line will be.

Oklahoma Suzie 05-06-2010 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by KathyKat
I like that fabric I've bought there also and they have great sales. Also a clerk there told me to check their website for coupons because they often have a 40% off coupon that you can use on one item. So I printed one off end went back and bought the Warm and Natural batting I needed for my next quilt and saved $8. I also got my quilt backing for 30% off.I just wish they had more selection.

I wish they had more selection too, but they do have nice fabric.

sewcrazygirl 05-06-2010 04:24 PM

i like their fabrics too, but i am getting bored of it. How often do they come out with new lines?

Suzanne57 05-06-2010 04:26 PM

Then again, I might use the fabric for something else. I never know until I actually do it :roll: