Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   in the hoop quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hoop-quilts-t254742.html)

sept97 10-04-2014 03:33 AM

in the hoop quilts

I recently came across in the hoop quilting while searching on the net. Where do you get patterns for it and what is battilizer? I would lover to try this

ManiacQuilter2 10-04-2014 03:50 AM

Battilizer seems to be a new product to combine stabilizer and a flat batting into one product. Price appears to be 24" x 5 yd. Regular Price: $29.99.

KwiltyKahy 10-04-2014 04:10 AM

I quilt with my embroidery machine, is that what you mean? Embroidery Library has many lovely designs for quilting.
I have never needed stabilizer in addition to the batting. They also have great tutorials on using their designs.
I usually combine "regular "quilting with the embroidery machine quilting.

Misty's Mom 10-04-2014 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy (Post 6914648)
I quilt with my embroidery machine, is that what you mean? Embroidery Library has many lovely designs for quilting.
I have never needed stabilizer in addition to the batting. They also have great tutorials on using their designs.
I usually combine "regular "quilting with the embroidery machine quilting.

this is what I do too. Never used stabilizer on my quilts

QuiltnNan 10-04-2014 05:18 AM

i don't stabilize when using batting either, but the batting i use is w&n 80/20

dms 10-04-2014 06:31 AM

I have just started the Jacobean Journey from Hoop Sisters through my quilt shop. It is only available that way--through a shop and you get your new designs each month from the shop. I am really enjoying it. Very time intensive, but not hard. It is (I think) very beautiful and well worth the effort, and the directions are very good.

Weezy Rider 10-04-2014 07:21 AM

Nancy's Notions (and other bookstores) sell a quilt in the hoop instruction book for the flip and fold method. It's easy and it works. In fact, if you figure it out, you can probably program your own if you have digitizing software.

I also have Hoopworks that will digitize almost any line into a quilting pattern.

I've done raggies using the quilting patterns and will use wash away stabilizer as I prefer the bean stitch and it can distort. I don't trust the flannel even if I have prewashed it.

naosew 10-04-2014 04:27 PM

Battilzer is a product produced by "Hoop Sisters", I believe. Their designs can be stitch intensive so extra stabelizer is often needed. I have never used the product but have a friend who has and was were please with it. HTH

Barb in Louisiana 10-04-2014 05:01 PM

Hoopsisters really make some pretty quilts. How big is it when it is finished?

sept97 10-04-2014 05:04 PM

I have no clue how to use digitiing software. I was hoping I could get a design, put it on my flash drive and just put it in my embroidering machine.