Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Housework (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/housework-t107109.html)

Airwick156 03-12-2011 10:47 AM

We don't get company so I really don't have to have a spotless house luckily. But it is clean, maybe a bit dusty ok... a LOT DUSTY. But at least it looks like someone actually lives here. :)

Ramona Byrd 03-12-2011 10:51 AM

Yup, Flylady is the key to easy housework. Doesn't make me love it any more, but it does get done.

Now if I could train my long haired, white sensitive skinned Persian to allow me to brush her, I wouldn't find what looks like small white mice under the book cases or under the sofa.

(My son has a big white long haired dog, says when it sheds he sees what looks like a lot of dead white rabbits all over the yard!
As for inside, he buys a new vacuum cleaner every couple of years! )

slstitcher 03-12-2011 11:05 AM

My house gets bad when I quilt. Then it gets to me so I get it cleaned up. I once cross stiched a sampler that said Dust is a protective covering for furniture. Mine sometimes is protected a lot. My DH never seems to notice the mess, anyway he never says anything.

tdgiffin 03-12-2011 11:07 AM

I set goals for certain tasks that I want to get dome each day, and when they are done, I reward myself with time to quilt!

Tropical 03-12-2011 11:11 AM

I have found that if I get enough sleep which doesn't happen often/rarely ever, I can get everything done. When that doesn't happen, I do what my DH suggests which is quilt or read and take naps.

One thing that does work is to set the kitchen timer for one hour and then race around and get as much done as I can before the timer rings. I have found that I can dust, vacuum and clean bathrooms in that amount of time. If I put in a load of laundy when I start, I can get that done, too. It also serves as exercise for my heart because moving faster gets my heart rate up. That's a good thing. :)
When I mentioned vacumming, I didn't mean the carpets my DH does that. I did mean the kitchen, dining, laundry, entryway and bath rooms. I always make our bed, clean the kitchen and cook everyday. I hope you find a system that works for you.

I'm going back to my quilting now because I have already done several loads of laundry and cleaned the refrigerator and freezer. I just took a short break to eat an orange.

Painiacs 03-12-2011 11:12 AM

Housework? What's that? Lol

sharoney 03-12-2011 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by aorlflood
Quilting is more important that housework!!!!

Oh, so true!

CloverPatch 03-12-2011 11:14 AM

I realized NO ONE ever shows up when my house is clean! The only time there is a knock at the door was when I was juggling kids and spaggetti sticking to the ceiling. So which would I rather have a spotless house or friends...... My house is a mess!

mic-pa 03-12-2011 11:14 AM

Yep!! I'm with David, hire a housekeeper, I did and it works wonders for me, I now can enjoy my sewing and quiltng.

mosquitosewgirl 03-12-2011 11:18 AM

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....hire someone?