Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Houston Quilt Show - Do I take a tote bag? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/houston-quilt-show-do-i-take-tote-bag-t165317.html)

txstitcher 11-02-2011 08:39 PM

Houston Quilt Show - Do I take a tote bag?

Or buy one there? I got a Vera Bradley wristlet to carry my cash and phone in, but don't know if I should take a tote bag with me or if there will be some for purchase at the door???

Thanks!
Michelle

frarose 11-02-2011 09:05 PM

You might want to make a bunch of purchases and a bag would be nice. I love shopping at the quilt shows.

quiltingcandy 11-02-2011 09:11 PM

I like to buy new bags - they are great. So you need to decide if you want to use the money on a bag or other items.

They aren't usually very expensive (around $10.00 here in CA) but if you believe that would be a waste of money, then take one. Depending on the show I am going to would determine if I take one or buy one.

Peckish 11-02-2011 09:49 PM

Personally, I prefer a backpack, it leaves me hands-free and I can carry more weight without getting a sore shoulder. But I can see how you might want a "souvenir" tote! :)

taylorsgmom 11-03-2011 04:24 AM

The new friend that I'm going with said that the backpack is a better choice.

Hosta 11-03-2011 04:48 AM

I took four totes and a husband to carry them they also have a place for you to leave packages when your tote gets full and you move on to another tote

ncredbird 11-03-2011 05:34 AM

I would suggest a rolling suitcase. Especially if you don't have someone to carry your stuff for you. By the end of the day you are going to be way overloaded, tired, and still have a long walk to your vehicle/bus. Takes a lot of strain off the back, shoulders, and arms. Also wear really comfortable shoes. Ann in TN

jamsbuying 11-03-2011 05:46 AM

In previous years a 'rolling tote' has not been allowed.

mucky 11-03-2011 06:10 AM

At one time rolling suitcases were outlawed in Houston. Don't know what it is now. No matter what you do you will not
have enough tote bags or back-packs and will no doubt need more!

soccertxi 11-03-2011 06:21 AM

I carry a bag..and then buy one when I see one I like! Don't forget: COMFY shoes (its a concrete floor...let me tell ya, your legs will THANK you! I carry advil too or I dont' sleep!) and a small note pad. Make a note of something you want to think about and may want to come back for. If you don't jot down the item and the stall number, you will NEVER FIND IT AGAIN! (ask me how I know!) Remember...they have about 1000 vendors! Also, if you get something too heavy to carry around, there is a bag check upstairs. WELL worth the $$. I have left my lunch there before. (that was the year after they put plastic around all the drink vending machines and then the vendors ran out. GRRRR) Have FUN! Oh how I wish I was going with you!

Beth in AZ