Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How about a new section? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-about-new-section-t57320.html)

BellaBoo 08-01-2010 12:30 PM

I would like to see all the problems with all machines and the solutions that worked to solve the problem in one place. We have $$$$$ of fix it knowledge here, not counting the frustration level we can ease. :-D

mom2suki 08-01-2010 12:32 PM

Yes, I like your idea!

JackieG 08-01-2010 12:33 PM

Excellent idea

NancyG 08-01-2010 12:38 PM

I like your idea. I have a question about my Bernina thread tension. When I'm finished sewing and pull the thread to cut it, it only pulls out about 3" and then stops. Then it's too short to start sewing again without being pulled out of the needle. Then I have to re-thread it when I go to sew again. Any suggestions? This is a new sewing machine to me...it has been serviced within the last year....and the tension when sewing is fine. Very frustrating! Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

BellaBoo 08-01-2010 12:49 PM

My older machines I have to move the wheel to release the thread to pull it out. If your machine didn't do this before then I think it must be an adjustment somewhere that would fix it. There are a lot of Bernina users here so maybe someone can help.

NancyG 08-01-2010 12:56 PM

Thanks for your input. I have tried turning the wheel...to no avail. I think you are right about needing some kind of an adjustment. Just don't know if it is something I can do myself, or if I need to take it in to have it fixed. Thanks.

gollytwo 08-01-2010 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by NancyG
I like your idea. I have a question about my Bernina thread tension. When I'm finished sewing and pull the thread to cut it, it only pulls out about 3" and then stops. Then it's too short to start sewing again without being pulled out of the needle. Then I have to re-thread it when I go to sew again. Any suggestions? This is a new sewing machine to me...it has been serviced within the last year....and the tension when sewing is fine. Very frustrating! Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

don't cut the thread at all. Start a crumb quilt or something else and leave it there, til you're ready to sew again. I'm making a 2 1/2" Square quilt (LONG TERM PROJECT) and always have a stack next to my Bernina to sew. There's a book called Enders and Leaders, or maybe Leaders and Enders - but you get the idea.

stitchinwitch 08-01-2010 02:06 PM

Great suggestion! I cannot quilt on my baby blue - feed dogs need to be covered, needle dropped, but it does NOT work!

sueisallaboutquilts 08-01-2010 02:20 PM

Nancy, I think it needs to be adjusted. I've had a Bernina for over 10 years and haven't had that problem.
BELLA- that's a wonderful idea!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

craftybear 08-01-2010 09:52 PM

Maybe we could have a section for machines and then by makes so others can ask ? and help each other

Singer, Janome, etc. to name a few