Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How do I downsize my stash? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-i-downsize-my-stash-t180463.html)

GammaLou 02-25-2012 02:29 PM

Our local sewing and quilt guilds has opportunity for sales of items. They would need to be bagged and priced, but it's a great deal for both the sellers and buyers.

Good luck on downsizing!!

jpwagner 02-25-2012 03:40 PM

Rats! I was across the river last week in Omaha. could have lightened your load a little!!

mummyismean 02-25-2012 03:49 PM

Australia is a bit far away but I would love to be your new best friend.
Good luck with the sale.

barri1 02-25-2012 05:27 PM

You do have a lot.. Think it would scare me..
What about donating it, and taking a tax deduction?
barri

note 02-25-2012 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by harrishs (Post 5003008)
I am needing more room for my vintage sewing machine collection and am thinking that room could come from selling some of my stash----I am going to try to post a picture of alittle over half my stash----cottons----(the wall is 16 foot long). I really am not able to ship out so what is the best way---ad in paper? on Craigs list? a garage sale is not really it, is it?......do I sell by the pound or yard or sack full? and how much is a fair price? I can't afford to give it all away but don't intend to get rich either. thanks for any suggestions you have......

Flea Market is a great place lots traffic,yard sale.

sew1 02-25-2012 05:48 PM

Man, I'm in Illinois and that is so tempting. I agree, when you sell here, wait till money is received and then ship. Is it because of transportation to ship? Maybe a friend can help.

breezyquilts 02-25-2012 05:53 PM

Wow, that is a lot of fabric. We had one gal in our guild who rented a table in our quilt show and sold her stash that way. She enjoyed talking with everyone and she sold a lot of her stash. I think our tables went for $20 or $40 for two days. My guild also had a yardage sale, we had the fabrics wrapped up in bundles on 1/4 yd 1/2 yd 1 yd 2 yd and wrapped each bundle with a piece of yard to signify the cost. It was labor intensive but really made it easy at our sale. We made about $650 and plan on doing another one next month!!

Donna Yount 02-25-2012 06:02 PM

Oh how I wish you could sale & ship some, I only started quilting this past November, and could use a bunch and I would be willing to pay the shipping. Please give it some thought, and PM me if you do decide to sale & ship. Thanks Donna

ladyquilter5589 02-25-2012 06:32 PM

I suggest start sewing like mad!!!!! lol

milliec 02-25-2012 06:58 PM

you can dontate some to the centers that have quilting classes or the rescue i make dog pillows and send them in i have to use my own material and batting so there are plenty of places you can give you material to and it would go to good use as far as selling maybe a church flea market fill some clear bags and put a price on it there are still people that sew