Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How do you bind the angles on pointy table runners? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-you-bind-angles-pointy-table-runners-t48648.html)

Quiltgranny 06-06-2010 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
Gorgeous table runner! Glad someone helped with the binding! I'm saving the tute for later projects!

Thank you very much. It will go nicely with my sunflower decor in my dining room. Very cheery, too. :D

Honchey 06-06-2010 07:47 PM

I've done this table runner myself 3 times. I sew to the center of the point of the angle...remove the runner from the machine...flip the binding up as you normally would making the right angle to the left of the point of the corner ...now the tricky part... normally the binding is brought down and lined up with the corner and you continue sewing. with this angle you bring down the binding and line it up with the right side of the quilt. The pleat at the angled corner is not as deep as the regular corner. I hope you can understand what I mean. I have some binding I can show you. I'll take photos tomorrow and post them. I have one of these runners in progress so it will be easy to show you. Anne

craftybear 06-06-2010 07:52 PM

cool, thanks for sharing your technique with us, will be looking forward to seeing it

Craftybear

Originally Posted by Honchey
I've done this table runner myself 3 times. I sew to the center of the point of the angle...remove the runner from the machine...flip the binding up as you normally would making the right angle to the left of the point of the corner ...now the tricky part... normally the binding is brought down and lined up with the corner and you continue sewing. with this angle you bring down the binding and line it up with the right side of the quilt. The pleat at the angled corner is not as deep as the regular corner. I hope you can understand what I mean. I have some binding I can show you. I'll take photos tomorrow and post them. I have one of these runners in progress so it will be easy to show you. Anne

Quiltgranny 06-06-2010 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey

Thanks,

I'll be interested to see how your technique might differ from the tutorial offered above. I just got my binding sewn on per those instructions. Now to flip it over and see if it worked. :D

Honchey 06-06-2010 09:11 PM

It's the same. So now I don't have to make a sample :)

EasyPeezy 06-06-2010 09:17 PM

You're welcome. Glad it worked for you. :D

SulaBug 06-07-2010 12:17 AM

I love your table runner!! :D I am also glad you asked your question about the binding. This information is really good. I have bookmarked it for future use myself!! Thanks for sharing.
:D :D :D :D

Quilt4u 06-07-2010 01:28 AM

I love your Table Runner. Great job.

Quiltgranny 06-07-2010 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
I love your table runner!! :D I am also glad you asked your question about the binding. This information is really good. I have bookmarked it for future use myself!! Thanks for sharing.
:D :D :D :D

Thank you so much. I really needed the visuals in the tutorial. Hubby kinda folded the angle the way he thought it should go, but I needed to know HOW that happened. Sharing helps us all!

Quiltgranny 06-07-2010 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
I love your Table Runner. Great job.

Thank you. This was a fun pattern; a first for me. Fast and easy, too. :thumbup: