Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Do You Decide On Your Next Quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-you-decide-your-next-quilt-t106759.html)

NDQuilts 03-11-2011 05:21 AM

Tricky question. I have a "bucket list" of patterns but this is often overlooked in favor of a recipients desires or something I have seen in a magazine. At this point I want a lone star and a double wedding ring for my bed. Then there is the UFO pile screaming for attention. I always have more in my head than time to make them.

Raggiemom 03-11-2011 05:28 AM

It's pretty much whatever I'm in the mood to work on. I have a "list" in my head of various projects I want to do.

Millstream Mom 03-11-2011 06:00 AM

Pretty much the same technique as you! I see one in a magazine, I see one on this site or at a guild meeting, quilt show etc and kinda mentally file it away as a "someday" project. Then when I complete my current project I'll go with something completely different so it doesn't get repetitive.

quiltmaker 03-11-2011 06:21 AM

Depends entirely on who wants one when and have to prioritize by timeframe. I then choose a pattern that would be appropriate for the reciepent or let them choose. Course for donations they usually have specific patterns they desire. My stash is huge so I generally have what I need but might have to find a fabric to add for completion.

featherweight 03-11-2011 06:32 AM

I usually see photo of the quilt here on the QB, or one of my quilt groups.

pkary 03-11-2011 06:37 AM

I rarely shop for fabric for a specific pattern. Therefore, I have a stash of fabric in 3-5 yard cuts. I pull out what I want to use then look thru all my patterns to chose one. I usually have several quilts in different stages of completion at the same time as I get bored sewing on the same fabric for days on end (hand piecer). All get finished eventually, some just faster than others!

carslo 03-11-2011 06:58 AM

It depends on what is coming up next, we are going to VA for holidays in April I have three to finish for that trip. A good friend of the family has finished college, need to start his. Another grand nephew is on the way in July and another grand neice or nephew is due in Aug. Wedding in June in Canada, oh yes and I still need to make my quilt of the month for April, May, June, July, Aug and Sept. I have the fabric for some of the projects but not all. Once this round is completed I want to make a Christmas quilt for DH and my bed. No shortage of projects to complete :)
Janet

raedar63 03-11-2011 07:01 AM

Spend endless hours right here lol.

littlehud 03-11-2011 07:37 AM

It's whatever catches my fancy next.

MN QUILTLADY 03-11-2011 07:49 AM

I keep a small photo album of pictures from magazine pohots that I want to make in the future-when I have spare time-LOL or when I retire. By keeping these pictures I can show them to friends and they can choose one that apeals to them maybe that they would have me make one for them.