Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How do you quilt a panel??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-you-quilt-panel-t163299.html)

CoolJulUtah 10-25-2011 11:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I want to make this quilt for my son that is getting his Eagle in Scouts. How do I quilt the panel? I've never used a panel in my quilts before, but when I saw this I thought it would be something nice for him to remember all he's accomplished in order to get his Eagle Scout Award. Any suggestions? By the way, I don't have a long-arm quilt machine. So I need something simple to do on my own sewing machine (I'm a beginner) or I need suggestions to tell my long-arm quilter. Any great ideas???

Quilt with Eagle panel in the center
[ATTACH=CONFIG]277188[/ATTACH]

carolaug 10-25-2011 11:05 PM

meandering would look just fine. Maybe you could sew some boyscout patches on the border.

bluteddi 10-26-2011 12:06 AM

I think Id outling the eagle , meander about the background then stitch the diamond shapes in the border

emsgranny 10-26-2011 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by bluteddi
I think Id outling the eagle , meander about the background then stitch the diamond shapes in the border

I agree totally!!! Maybe on the back you could put all his badges he earned or at least pictures of them using the fabric sheets you can print at home. Its a beautiful quilt but I agree that his badges should be shown somewhere!!!

Its a beautiful quilt - great job!!!

Becky Crafts 10-26-2011 12:57 AM

Think about all the things you want to stand out & outline them. Meandering is fine for everything else until you get to the frame & then you can outline the diamonds there or whatever you like to bring them out. Lovely panel! I have one called Soaring Eagle I haven't done yet (it's mine) & I just love it!! Gorgeous birds!!

annthreecats 10-26-2011 01:03 AM

Ditto.

Painiacs 10-26-2011 02:17 AM

Outline middle. Crosshatch

QuiltnNan 10-26-2011 02:47 AM

i agree. outlining the eagle then meandering around it will make the eagle pop. congrats to your son. not an easy accomplishment to get to Eagle Scout.

buslady 10-26-2011 02:56 AM

Put an extra layer of batting behind the eagle, cut to shape, before doing the outline and the eagle will really pop.

onthelake 10-26-2011 06:09 AM

Ditto!

Originally Posted by emsgranny

I agree totally!!! Maybe on the back you could put all his badges he earned or at least pictures of them using the fabric sheets you can print at home. Its a beautiful quilt but I agree that his badges should be shown somewhere!!!

Its a beautiful quilt - great job!!!