Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How do YOU search for fabric online? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-you-search-fabric-online-t194391.html)

Dee Dee 07-14-2012 06:22 AM

I usually search for the name of the collection. Sometimes the pattern number, but often I don't know the number.

Pieces2 07-14-2012 07:46 AM

I usually order my fabrics from Ericas. A great quilt shop in Indiana. Wonderful quality, name brand fabrics. Great service.
I signed up for their neewsletter so I'm notified when they have sales, which is about the only time I purchase fabric.
If I'm looking for something specific and can't find it at Ericas I check out the 2nd quilt shop I order from fatquartershop.
I know these 2 quilt shops have great quality fabrics and great service, and buying sale fabrics allows me to stay within a budget for my quilting.

RugosaB 07-14-2012 10:25 AM

"Or do you just go to the online stores you like?"

This one

nanquilt 07-14-2012 11:32 AM

I shop all of those ways you describe. Recently, I have have been shopping for Jinny Beyer for RJR fabric in hopes of finding other pieces in her Sophia pattern. If any one knows where I could buy, please respond.

imadispatcher 07-14-2012 05:28 PM

All of the above

SWEETPEACHES 07-14-2012 06:10 PM

I'll tell you what I just did to give you an idea. I clicked on your link. then, fabrics. then scrolled until I saw something I liked, which happened to be "batiks". I could tell by the cover picture which ones to skip. I see several beautiful batiks that I like. Then, I will see if I can find it somewhere less expensive. Sorry, but that's what I do. If I can't, I'll go back to the original link and buy it.

And you have some fabulous batiks~

Sierra 07-14-2012 06:38 PM

I always start with eQuilters.com for several reasons: 1) there is all sorts of fabric, designers, themes, 2) you can go to the "search" and ask for 'music' or 'horses' or 'roses' or whatever you want and those fabrics come up, 3) they are incredibly helpful (it is basically a husband/wife team with plenty of other helpers)... I've never been told I didn't do something right, but I have been asked if I meant ......, 4) the colors they have in their pictures are astoundingly true to life (when they arrive), and 5) if you find a fabric you like they provide you with a direct link to colors in it so you can get some ideas of other colors you may want to use in your quilt. I also like the fact that they have their own quilts for victims of all sorts of tragedies (water, tornados, etc.).

Also, our local quilt store closed a year or so ago in our nearest town and we live in a rural area.

purple_butterfly 07-14-2012 09:19 PM

I have my favourite online stores but when browsing I much prefer fabric sorted by colour and design.

mhansen6 07-15-2012 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by fairydawn (Post 5359135)
Quilt Shops.com type in fabric name or designer and it will pop up shops that carry it. Then you can check to see who has the best price too.

This is what I do too.

Sierra 07-15-2012 08:25 AM

Soooo sorry. Here is the right address for the place I like/use so much....

The names of the owners are Paul and Luana Rubin and the email address is

[email protected]

They really do run an outstanding service.