Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   how do you stipple? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-you-stipple-t1085.html)

Carla P 05-21-2007 09:39 AM

Well, I have not only damaged my own children for life, but half of the neighborhood as well... all in one day!!! We played this past Saturday for a couple of hours... Let's see... 10 kids, 2 hours... :shock: I need to go take out a loan right now so I will be able to pay out all of the lawsuits & therapist bills I'll be hit with in a couple of years!!

Unfortunately, you are right. We (my DH & I) have tried our best not to raise our girls to feel Entitled. Instead, they are expected to Earn many of the things & privileges they have. They are old enough now to see the benefit of our teachings, especially when dealing with some of their friends. But, if they whine and get mad at a decision that is not in their favor, I just tell them to add it to their list of topics to discuss with their therapist when they're grown. At that point they will usually laugh & see how silly they are being. No offense to anyone, but the Parents are letting the TV raise their children way too often instead of being with them.

Last Saturday we played Baseball... Those kids will never have a chance!!! :roll: :lol:

coffeewoman 05-21-2007 10:53 AM

The only time i've tried stippling so far was in the border of a baby quilt for my (now 3-yr-old) niece. Since I used a classic Pooh print as the main fabric, I thought I'd do stippling in the border and then applique little bees. That idea lasted roughly 2.7 seconds! :lol:

I ended up abandoning traditional stippling and just let the thread wander about and periodically threw in a free-motion bee outline, then free-motion embroidered "Bother free is the way to bee..." on the long sides. Came out very cute, but I'm not sure I'm ready to try it again yet!!!

Carla P 05-21-2007 11:00 AM

Sounds like you may not be giving yourself enough credit... those are some major accomplishments! :-)

susanhcc 05-21-2007 12:24 PM

:D I just finshed my first stippled quilt. I was kind of intimidated about trying it, as I was familiar about the not crossing the lines rule etc and really wasn't looking too forward to the experience. To my surprise I however found it fast and quite fun! Of course my Bernina BSR makes it pretty enjoyable, not to try to promote the line of course. I certainly don't fear it any more and plan on doing it again on my next quilt. Any yes a few lines were crossed, but I challenge the quilt police to find them, ha!

Carla P 05-21-2007 12:58 PM

Way to Go!!!! Congratulations!!!! Can you post a picture of your finished quilt? We love to see them!!! :D

susanhcc 05-21-2007 01:06 PM

Well I gift wrapped it last night. It's for my stepson's h.s. graduation tomorrow night. It was a pine needles pattern, a slightly more custom "At home in the woods" version. Am really pretty proud of, dang it, and I meant to photo it. I may have to unwrap and rewrap it tonite. If I do will post it for you. Thanks for asking and happy quilting. Do try stippling, I think you'll like it a lot!

susanhcc 05-21-2007 01:12 PM

I gift wrapped it last night for my stepson's h.s.graduation tomorrow night. I meant to photo it but forgot. I may have to unwrap and rewrap it. It's a pine needles pattern, a slightly modified "At Home in the Woods" version. If I photo it tonite. Will post probably on Wed, as I will be out of pocket tomorrow. Thanks for asking and do try stippling. You'll enjoy it a lot!

susanhcc 05-21-2007 01:13 PM

sorry for the duplicate.

Carla P 05-21-2007 01:19 PM

No big deal... We can wait until after he sees it first. I guess that's the fair thing to do... :lol:

susanhcc 05-21-2007 01:20 PM

Problem is he's in TX, and I'm in CO. It goes to TX tomorrow.