Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How do you store your batting by the roll? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-you-store-your-batting-roll-t146090.html)

leatheflea 08-18-2011 12:13 PM

I have 2 rolls, one is poly and the other is cotton. I thought about storing under my long arm frame. Does anyone else have any suggestions on how to do this or another great storage idea. I've already search here and google with little success in the results.

Thanks for your help!

Ms Grace 08-18-2011 12:15 PM

I have 2 rolls of warm & natural right now.
I kept them in their original shipping boxes and slid them under my sewing table (stacked), which is quite long. ;)
And they are out of the way. :-D

CoriAmD 08-18-2011 12:15 PM

I wish I had a better way to store mine, but right now it sets in my bedroom corner leaning up against the wall. I placed it in a plastic bag so the bottom doesn't get too dusty. I know I should cover it better but right now, that is all I can do with it. Gosh, I think I need to add on another room to the house just for my "stuff"... LOL

jljack 08-18-2011 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
I have 2 rolls, one is poly and the other is cotton. I thought about storing under my long arm frame. Does anyone else have any suggestions on how to do this or another great storage idea. I've already search here and google with little success in the results.

Thanks for your help!

That's exactly what I do. I leave it in the box, but a slit along the long side of the box to pull it out through, and put it under my quilting frame. Works perfect!

ckcowl 08-18-2011 12:18 PM

i have a closet rod (2" wooden dowel) under my long arm table- the batting bolt hangs on the rod= i can pull the batting up and use it as i need it-
the extras just stand in the corner- waiting to be hung on the rod.

mom-6 08-18-2011 12:24 PM

My son made me a nice storage rack for ribbon rolls so I'm going to ask him to make a larger one for rolls of batting or other fabric.

It is basically a board on each end with holes for dowel rods that go through the center of the ribbon rolls and a base and top board that the ends are nailed/screwed to.

For the fabric rolls you would probably need a closet rod instead of the dowel rod.

I'm thinking it is pretty easy to make if you have the right size tool to cut the large round holes. Or you could do notches like they have on cases of the home decor section of a fabric store.

the casual quilter 08-18-2011 12:40 PM

I do store mine on the rail under my longarm. I can accomodate two rolls on the rail and they are out of the way. For me, it works.

Zhillslady 08-18-2011 12:44 PM

I have mine lying across the top of my computer cabinet.

ontheriver 08-18-2011 01:16 PM

Mine is up hanging from the ceiling. Hung two chains the width of roll, took broom handle and put hook in each end, put handle through tube of batting and hook each end to the chains.

cinnya 08-18-2011 01:23 PM

I just hid 15 rolls of fullsize batting behind my armoire in my bedroom :-D :-D