Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   HOW DO YOU USE YOUR QUILTS? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-you-use-your-quilts-t58134.html)

cjomomma 08-06-2010 12:51 PM

Mine are made to be used and abused. I want to see them being loved to the point of falling apart that way I have an excuse to make more.

sidmona 08-06-2010 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by amma
I make them to be well used and loved :D:D:D

same here

Sadiemae 08-06-2010 01:12 PM

In the winter as a blanket.

Now there no way I could sleep with a quilt. It is just simply too darn hot without air conditioning. I used to use the swamp cooler, but the outside faucet that it is hooked to leaks under the kitchen sink. I can't afford to fix it so I am hot hot hot. When oh when will it be Fall.

I can hear the thunder and smell smoke right now, so I know there is a fire close. I just wish it would rain and rain and rain or even snow.

I hope to get a quilt ladder so that I can hang a couple of quilts my mom made. I won't let anyone use these because they are just too special to me and I miss her so much.

PennyLynn 08-06-2010 01:13 PM

I make mine to be used!

SueDor 08-06-2010 01:20 PM

I make mine to be used and to be given away.

katier825 08-06-2010 01:25 PM

I always make quilts with the intent that they will be used and loved. If I ever made one that was for looks only, I'd make it as a wall quilt. Everyone (even the grown ups) needs a "blankie" at some point in their lives. I would be honored if mine was the one someone chose to comfort them. :) And if someone's wears out, I will make a better one.

Terryl 08-06-2010 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by katier825
I always make quilts with the intent that they will be used and loved. If I ever made one that was for looks only, I'd make it as a wall quilt. Everyone (even the grown ups) needs a "blankie" at some point in their lives. I would be honored if mine was the one someone chose to comfort them. :) And if someone's wears out, I will make a better one.

Here, Here Katier825 I agree with you, if one wears out I'll make them a better one

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Ms. Shawn 08-06-2010 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ardelle Coult
When I make a quilt it is always for use as a bed spread and I never use it as a blanket. However, most of the time when I make a quilt for one of my daughters or grandchildren they use them a blankets.

Just wondering how everyone else feels about this.

I have never had a quilt in my life, but if I did I love, and snuggle in it forever! :mrgreen:

StitchinJoy 08-06-2010 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ardelle Coult
When I make a quilt it is always for use as a bed spread and I never use it as a blanket. However, most of the time when I make a quilt for one of my daughters or grandchildren they use them a blankets.

Just wondering how everyone else feels about this.

I have a quilted table runner on the dining room table, and quilts on the back of the sofa, the back of my favorite chair, draped over the rocking chair, and on every bed.

In the winter we have 2 or 3 quilts on every bed. We use the nicest one (sometimes that is the newest) on top, but we use them. They aren't removed when we go to sleep.

I change them depending on my mood and the season. I consider the quilts to be art. I like having a change of scenery so I rotate different paintings on the wall and I enjoy different quilts on the beds for the same reason.

Kryssa 08-06-2010 02:16 PM

I'm in the process of making my first bed-sized quilt now (twin XL) and am also in the process of convincing the recipient to please use it! If you don't put it on your bed, keep it handy to wrap up in during the cold Ithaca winters! Haha, as long as it's being used in some way, I am happy :)