Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How long does it take you to do a quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-long-does-take-you-do-quilt-t45706.html)

watterstide 05-13-2010 02:55 AM

sometimes it takes a few years! thats why they call them UFO's or WIP's!
i get tired of looking at the same fabric or pattern...so i change to another quilt..i think i have ADD..lol!
Don't give up! although a queen size would drive me nuts..i like twin and under..

thismomquilts 05-13-2010 03:12 AM

This past year I determined to get all my UFO's completed. I have finished three of them so far!! I'm happy about that. One top was finished three years ago!! Now it's quilted!! I have a wallhanging coming up soon to finish. It's been pieced for four years! I just took a break from my UFO's to make a few bags - they will be Christmas presents. Today, I go back to UFO's by finishing piecing my daughter's baby blanket (for our first grandchild!!) I started piecing it two years ago - before she was even married!! :)
No reason you shouldn't take a break from one project from time to time!! It makes it easier to finish up that last lap when you DO get back to it
Sorry to hear about your mom.

Pam 05-13-2010 03:20 AM

I think almost all of us have one project that we "go back to". Maybe that is how it will be for you with this quilt. Don't give up, just go get some more fabric! (That is my advice for everything).

beachlady 05-13-2010 03:27 AM

The first quilt I started in 1999 (queen size) is still not quilted - top is done, but I wonder if I will ever finish it. Into different colors now, though I still like the pattern.

littlehud 05-13-2010 03:33 AM

It takes me a long time. Between work and having to take care of DGD I don't always have time to quilt as much as I would like. Don't worry how long it takes, just enjoy making it.

mygirl66 05-13-2010 03:43 AM

I'm very sorry about the loss of your sister. Sometimes quilting or piecing is good therapy tho. When I am frustrated, upset or depressed, I go up to my sewing room and "quilt it out".I seem to think better then. (((HUGS))

pocoellie 05-13-2010 03:57 AM

It's hard "getting on with life" after the death of a member of your family, particularly if you were close to them. Just take it one day at a time, maybe work on your quilt 10 minutes a day and pretty soon it'll be done. I just sent a quilt as a gift that I actually had finished the top 5-6 years ago, I have two waiting that are cut out and need to put together and several more planned. LOL

CarrieAnne 05-13-2010 04:14 AM

It takes me a long time too, with work, and family, and I agree with the others, sometimes you just get tired of the one youre working on. I would also try another project, maybe something small and quick, so you can let the other one rest for a bit, til youre inspired again! HUGS!

sewcrafty 05-13-2010 04:47 AM

I've got a quilt here that has been around for 6+ years!!! I got sooo frustrated with it I put it away. Just was happy with it and couldn't figure out why. Borders weren't coming together nothing was working. Just getting around to finishing it up!!! Everything in due time!! :lol: :lol: No worries!!

stitchinwitch 05-13-2010 05:14 AM

Sometime YEARS! - Distraction is horrendous!