Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How to lose a full day in one easy step (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-lose-full-day-one-easy-step-t23009.html)

SuzyM 07-20-2009 04:35 AM

Buy EQ6 - I am in so much trouble. I can't wait to make it through the manual to really figure out what this thing can do.

Barbm 07-20-2009 04:47 AM

I've been resisting, but my will power is weakening. Let me know if I should succumb. :)

(Enjoy!)

Ninnie 07-20-2009 04:50 AM

Several on here have it, Pitsburgpam and Blue Chicken for sure, they will probably help!

BellaBoo 07-20-2009 05:11 AM

I have EQ 6 and it's so worth the money. I use it all the time and still haven't used every feature of it. When I first got EQ, it was on floppy discs! I remember I made plans to send the kids to their grandparents for a week the same week DH has a hunting trip planned so I had plenty of time to go through the books. No internet back then for me. I still have the floppy discs but no computer that will run them. I haven't seen a computer that will run floppy discs in years.

pittsburgpam 07-20-2009 05:54 AM

You can lose more than a day, let me tell you!! I love EQ6 (for some reason I didn't like EQ4). I know I have barely scratched the surface of what it can do but I learn something new every day on it. I have the manual in my bedroom and I read random sections all the time.

It has been a little quiet at work and I am soooooo tempted to bring my laptop with me. I can't let myself do that! I brought my books to study for a certification I need instead when I have spare time. I'd much rather be playing with EQ6.

bearisgray 07-20-2009 06:17 AM

does EQ6 run on a Mac?

kathy 07-20-2009 06:27 AM

I don't know about Mac but I just wanted to say that I've had mine for about a week, I can't sit for very long so I just play and practice in short spurts but someday I'll be showing off the quilt I designed and made. At first when I ordered it I really felt guilty because that was $160.00 that we really didn't have extra, I got over it real quick once I loaded it on the computer! And we didn't even go hungry because of it!!!!! :D

Barbm 07-20-2009 07:24 AM

I save my notary services money for my "funny money." I would use this for it so it doesn't interfere with living expenses. Right now I have enough saved for a swing set for the grands (OK, me too, I still like to swing) but it won't take long to set this aside.

Guess I better start reading up on it (right after I get over my fear of the embroidery machine and conquer that).

Quiltgranny 07-20-2009 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
does EQ6 run on a Mac?

YES!! IF.....

Do you make Macintosh versions?
We now have Macintosh users using our programs on their Macs through emulation software. Gloria Hansen, co-author of the "Free Stuff on the Internet" series of books, is a Mac user and writes that "you can run any quilt PC program by using Virtual PC if you are using a newer Macintosh, such as an iMac or a Macintosh with a 603 180 MHz processor or better."

We think Macs are fabulous computers and value our Mac users; we just want to be able to provide the high level of programming expected and best support we can, without spreading ourselves too thin.

Our Electric Quilt/Virtual PC users have their own support group on Yahoo. It is a free email/forum group you can join. Check out their group here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EQonMacs/. This group will provide an additional level of support to any quilters using, or considering using, Electric Quilt on a Mac with Virtual PC. The original Info-EQ list and EQ tech support are great primary resources, but sometimes it's also helpful to talk to other Mac users when questions arise.

Hope this helps. :)

Lacelady 07-20-2009 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Barbm
I save my notary services money for my "funny money." I would use this for it so it doesn't interfere with living expenses. Right now I have enough saved for a swing set for the grands (OK, me too, I still like to swing) but it won't take long to set this aside.

Guess I better start reading up on it (right after I get over my fear of the embroidery machine and conquer that).

I Barb, I had my embroidery module sitting beside my machine for over 18 months and couldn't use it, even though I kept looking at the manuals, they didn't make sense to me. I took a one day workshop, and I was away. That workshop was worth every penny. I still haven't tried designing with it, but have enough patterns, either freebies (most of them) or a few I have paid for, to last me for years. So my advice is to take a workshop! As for EQ6, I have that too, and don't use it quite as much as I would like, but have made several quilts I designed, so I think it has paid for itself by now.