Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Many Do You Make? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-do-you-make-t293279.html)

gigigray032447 12-13-2017 01:50 AM

I make between 30 and 35 each year that are donated to cancer patients through a group at my church. Most are a combination of flip n sew and quilting, and the size is 42x64. Then I two or three bed quilts or throws for family/gifts that are quilted by my longarm friend. In exchange I sew borders and binding for her. I own a business and work about 48 hours a week but my husband does just about all of the housework and errands.

helou 12-13-2017 02:50 AM

I am happy if I make one a year. Like GingerK, I seem to always try a complicated pattern even if they are easy at first, I change things around, change the design a little, and I don't sew every week and sometimes I can go a couple of month without sewing my quilting project.
Oh did I say 1? I should have said 2, because my quilts are always reversible.

quilterpurpledog 12-13-2017 03:52 AM

I make a fairly large number of quilted items for a holiday boutique project to raise funds for our local pregnancy center each year. But, I do manage to make 2 or 3 larger bed sized quilts each year for family and friend special events. I have 3 lined up to do this year. I hope I can accomplish that this year. I manage to sew some most every day.

ckcowl 12-13-2017 04:17 AM

I had to go back through pictures to see what I accomplished this past year, I think I made 10 quilts, 4 queen size, 4 twins and 2 smaller. I do work full time and have had a lot of family ( stuff) going on this year, so I felt like I didn’t do much. Took advantage of days off though. I also longarm quilt for others, I think I quilted about 17 quilts for customers this year.

SusieQOH 12-13-2017 04:57 AM

I'm sporadic. In 2015 I made around 15 and 2016 I made none. I was on a cross-stitch kick. This year I've made about 7. All between twin, full, and queen size

luvstoquilt 12-13-2017 05:58 AM

I make a lot! I am retired and I sewalmost every day for a few hours. I have no idea how many I made. I don't own a LA so I have to pay but at my age I would never be able to offset the cost of a LA unless I did quilts for others and I am enjoying retirement! Lol. I donate a lot of tops and baby quilts.

Kassaundra 12-13-2017 06:26 AM

I also choose more complicated ones, and nearly always make it reversible.

Originally Posted by helou (Post 7961650)
I am happy if I make one a year. Like GingerK, I seem to always try a complicated pattern even if they are easy at first, I change things around, change the design a little, and I don't sew every week and sometimes I can go a couple of month without sewing my quilting project.
Oh did I say 1? I should have said 2, because my quilts are always reversible.

AVFD215 12-13-2017 06:54 AM

I have a fulltime and a part time job. I will make from 2 to 8 per year. From Baby to Queen sizes. (more baby and lap).
Mike

Macybaby 12-13-2017 07:09 AM

tops - I'm up around 30 so far this year. however I'm not near as good getting the tops quilted. I started out with about 20 tops to quilt, and now I'm up to 30. I go in spurts and will get 4-5 quilted at a time. I love piecing, and have even offered to piece quilts for free (they buy fabric) but I won't quilt for free. I have a big stack of finished quilts that I need to get moving on rehoming!

A few years ago DH and I decided he'd "retire" at 55 and take care of most things around the place (40 acre homestead) so I can spend off work hours on fun stuff and not routine cleaning and cooking. I have a demanding, high level career, and sewing helps keep me sane.

Kitsie 12-13-2017 08:48 AM

Depends on the quilt patterns and sizes. For instance some quilts have taken 3 wonderful years, while I've also done 4 of other ones.