Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Many Have Been on a Quilting Cruise? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-have-been-quilting-cruise-t42750.html)

amandasgramma 04-14-2010 07:56 PM

I'd love to go to a seminar or class or something with Kay Wood. But not a cruise. I went on a cruise to the Western Carribbean and I can't for the life of me, figure out when you'd have time to sew!!!! Besides, they're a lot more expensive, it seems!

Vivian Ketron 04-14-2010 09:01 PM

My daughter and I went on one 2 years ago. It was put together by 3 quilt shops.We didn't have any speakers. They had 2 classes, the elegant lonestar and the other class made smaller projects. It was a lot of fun and you have time to do other thing too. Of course some of the quilters stayed in the quilting room a lot more than Vicki and I did. We were making the elegant lonestar and needless to say we didn't finish the quilt on the ship.We got a lot of it done and finished up when we got home. Our cruise was on royal carribean( I'm not sure that is the way to spell that). It was a wonderful cruise.

AnnaK 04-14-2010 09:18 PM

I also went on an Alaska inner passage cruise. Most of the work was applique and I didn't realize this would be the case. I did, however, learn some techniques that I used later but I wish I'd known that before I signed up. Did have fun sightseeing and it was really fun to go to quilt shops in Juneau and Sitka. The entertainment was very good and the food was too fabulous (gained 5 lbs in 7 days). So, it can be really fun but check to see what kind of quilting will be taught.

shaverg 04-15-2010 07:22 AM

I love cruises and go quite a bit. I have not tried a quilt cruise because I really like cruising and want to enjoy sight seeing, etc.

I would do it for the Mexican Riviera or to Hawaii, because you have so many days at sea and since all the problems in Mexico with the drug issues, I would probably not go into shore. I know there is one to Hawaii out of LA in September.

Oklahoma Suzie 04-15-2010 08:45 AM

Not yet, maybe some day.

katier825 04-15-2010 09:13 AM

I have not done one, but maybe someday. I have been on many cruises and think that if you had one that had a lot of sea days for the classes it would be better (like a 10 day Southern Caribbean or Hawaii from CA). Most of the 7 day Caribbean ones only have 2 sea days. For that much money, you'd probably want to spend some time doing cruise stuff.

LoisN 04-15-2010 09:17 AM

A Quilting Cruise is one of those things on my "bucket list". I'd love it. I'm retiring at the end of May, so perhaps in the not-to-distant future?????

shaverg 04-15-2010 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by katier825
I have not done one, but maybe someday. I have been on many cruises and think that if you had one that had a lot of sea days for the classes it would be better (like a 10 day Southern Caribbean or Hawaii from CA). Most of the 7 day Caribbean ones only have 2 sea days. For that much money, you'd probably want to spend some time doing cruise stuff.

I totally agree. I would rather go on a quilting retreat.

Bevanger 04-15-2010 04:15 PM

lol. yeah right..... maybe in my dreams.... but it does sound fun

Vivian Ketron 04-15-2010 04:19 PM

There were several husbands with their wifes on the cruise I was on. There are so mary things to do no one would be bored.