Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many hours? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-hours-t67838.html)

great aunt jacqui 10-02-2010 06:48 AM

If I start in the morning after coffee I can go right through lunch.
If I'm excited about what I am doing I'll keep going. Then I start thinking about what I'll make for dinner. :lol: I've been known to go back and sew after DH goes to bed.
But am working on a peice for my neice who Im annoyed with right now, so I work a bit and stop. So I guess I am in a sew and stop mode. My mind is racing finish it finish it finish and give itto her and close the book on it.

Melinda in Tulsa 10-02-2010 06:48 AM

Having a sewing buddy has helped me alot. We get together once a week to sew and that has helped my motivation alot. I have a hard time getting started on a project. I can sew most anytime I want to, but my motivatation is lacking. I have a DH who is in bad health and that does terrible things to your mind. You never know what each day will bring.

Lately tho, I've been sewing more. I have a BOM to finish and now that the block's are done, I'm anxious to get it finished. I also have several other projects that need to be finished too, by the end of October. Also a baby quilt top that I need to quilt for baby shower next weekend. I wonder, if I will get it done in time!

kathy 10-02-2010 06:52 AM

I can usually get in an hour before I go to work at nine, then I'm home by 2.30, have coffe and visit hubby for an hour then sew till around 5, get supper done and sew from 7.30-9 ish, then I go to bed with some hand applique. I'm fortunate to work alone in a small businees so I have time to keep up with the board when I'm at work so it doesn't take up my sewing time !

Borntohandquilt 10-02-2010 06:54 AM

Normally I hand quilt 6 to 8 hours and if possible every day. I am in the lucky situtation to stay at home at the moment and only have to do the housework and the gardening. But that is not so much work...

amma 10-02-2010 07:31 AM

It depends... lately it is bits here and there throughout the day... Usually in the winter I spend a LOT more time at my machine :D:D:D

0tis 10-02-2010 08:34 AM

I spend most days in my sewing room - some times productive and other times just surfing the net. I am lucky too that I don't have to work and can spend as much time as I want - of course housework gets in the way. Darn housework...

Jim's Gem 10-02-2010 09:20 AM

Not enough!!! I only get from 2 and sometimes up to 10 hours a week to sew.

Quiltforme 10-02-2010 02:25 PM

It depends on if I have a deadline or my back is happy. If I have a happy back I will work at least 2 hours a day or more if i can handle it.

Shelley 10-02-2010 03:06 PM

I shoot for 40-60 hours per week - I LOVE my job!!. On the rare occasion that I don't happen to have a customer quilt to work on, I try to work on my quilts. You have no idea how far behind I am in that!!

plainpat 10-02-2010 03:09 PM

DH is retired & ok with me sewing whenever I want.Some days,I'll keep busy mqking quilt tops.Other days I've got my nose in a book. So it varies....mostly I do what I feel like doing.