Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many hours? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-hours-t67838.html)

blzzrdqueen 10-04-2010 03:02 AM

I don't get to spend as much time as I would like on quilting, maybe 6-10 hours a week, if that. My girls (11 & 2) keep me pretty busy.

blzzrdqueen 10-04-2010 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by Randa
I try to get in a couple hours each night. Sometimes life moves into that space, and other times I've become frustrated and had to walk out on it. Might take a couple days to go back to the machine, but I try to work in the evenings after supper and the man is back in his cave.

Sometimes I wish my husband had a cave, I can't really work when he's home, just because when he's home I need to spend that time with him...

uniquelynancy 10-04-2010 03:24 AM

I sew almost every day for several hours. Life is good!

Clarefly 10-04-2010 03:25 AM

I only started a couple of weeks ago and intended just to do it in the evenings (I'm hand stitching). I'm loving it so much it is taking over some of the day time too. Instead of doing something that pays the bills (I work from home) I end up picking up the quilt pieces. It's proving really addictive. I've forced myself to take a few days "off" this week to do some work as I've finished five blocks now and my hands are starting to ache!

MerryQuilter 10-04-2010 03:26 AM

When we still work it is hard to fit in. Every morning I iron my clothes for work and visit my fabric, haha. Then this past week-end new grandbaby born, so varies a lot but grateful for every minute of sewing time is therapy.

Extreme Quilter 10-04-2010 03:42 AM

I never feel whole unless I do some sewing each day. If my schedule is clear and I am charged up on a project, I could get lost in my quilt room for 10 or 12 hours. I turn off the computer, don't answer my phone and only emerge to fix dinner for my husband. I would rather quilt than eat...unless it's chocolate.

grann of 6 10-04-2010 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by jitkaau
Retired and live alone - the world is my oyster...

Me too...except for the dogs barking at me if I have been in the basement too long to suit them. Or if I have to go pick up my DGS from his soccer practice EVERY day after school. The grandkids and neighbor kids are all in school so I have more time; not babysitting any of them any more. I try to get my cleaning and laundry done on Saturday and Sunday mornings so I don't have to worry about that during the week. Mondays are my "runnning around" days. Today I will go to Joann's and get some groceries. Then the rest of the week I can sew sew sew.

deedum 10-04-2010 03:56 AM

[/quote]
Also I might get more done if this board didn't exsist but then again I wouldn't know what I was doing if it weren't for the helpful quilters on here.[/quote]

I agree with that! Love this board! As far as the hours, I have wondered the same thing! This weekend for instance, I had no time, was booked all weekend with something! I did have 5 minutes that I sneaked into my sr and thought I would get something done, I hurried to finish this 5 minute project that was pending. I hurried so much that I sewed it on backwards and had to rip it all out! So no point in trying if you got to hurry!

Linda1 10-04-2010 04:03 AM

I seem to be in a slump right now so not sewing as much but I can sew whenever I want since I am retired.

QuiltswithConvicts 10-04-2010 04:06 AM

Since we are empty nesters & the kids live in WI, I have loads of time to stitch after work. DH is hungry, but will settle for just about anything I fix or bring home. I go to bed around 11:00, so I'd say 4 - 4 1/2 hours nightly and all day Saturday. Sunday is for church and cleaning - cleanliness is next to Godliness! :) I do manage to get a few hours in even then. of course, that time also includes reading this blasted Board!!!! I try to get my fix in the morning, before work.