Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many kinds of stupid.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-kinds-stupid-t104515.html)

pab58 03-03-2011 11:34 AM

I'm so sorry to hear of all your mishaps, but I just have to say that your post was so-o-o-o funny!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I know it isn't nice to laugh at your trials and tribulations, but I could really relate to everything you were saying! There are just some days when we should stay in bed!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

happymrs 03-03-2011 11:39 AM

Ahh well, somedays you step in it & somedays, you don't! Don't feel discouraged, we all have these days. This too shall pass! ....

OHSue 03-03-2011 04:17 PM

Thanks for all the support from all the folks here. I plan on sitting down to sew again today, but not going to set my hopes to high.
But sometimes it is just one of those days....
Sometimes your the windshield, sometimes your the bug.

mona202 03-04-2011 03:16 AM

HST is half square triangles. Sounds like that was a crappy day. Maybe she should have had a drink or two eh?

Lilrain 03-04-2011 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl
Sorry for this question, what is HST

Half Square Triangle

karenpatrick 03-04-2011 03:30 AM

Half square triangle

Yooper32 03-04-2011 03:35 AM

Through my considerable years, I have mostly learned that after about two incidents of flawing whatever I am touching, it is best to sit in my chair and watch something stupid on the tv, cause ain't no way I am going to accomplish anything good for this particular day.

plainpat 03-04-2011 03:39 AM

Don't know your age, but welcome to the world of us older folks :roll: :)

Originally Posted by OHSue
You know sometimes I amaze myself with how many kinds of stupid I can be.....
I was working on simple BOM from my LQS, super simple with HST and some flying geese units. First I mess up my up on orientation of HST twice, then I sew on a flying geese unit backwards. At one point I had to wind a bobbin and I cut the top thread, wound the bobbin, put it in and proceeded to sew until the 6 inches of thread on the top ran out.
I was cutting a Lil Twister wreath project, had it all laid out on my cutting table. Went to move some fabric and created enough of a breeze to blow off some of the blocks and now I can't figure out how to get it back the right way.
I tried cutting some strips for a very simple swap block I was working on, and for some reason turned my ruler around and cut them 3" instead of 3.5".
I decided it was time to stop with the quilty projects and sit back with my knitting. So I am knitting on a sock that I have been working on for a while and totally forgot to do one part of the pattern and didn't figure it out until I was four rows past that point.
Sat down here to read the list for a while and look at pretty pictures, and promptly spilled my tea all over the computer desk.
I was thinking of reading but I will probably get a lethal paper cut.....

alleyoop1 03-04-2011 03:45 AM

Your Avatar explains your day....have you EVER seen Sponge Bob NOT get in trouble? His luck must be transferring to you! Thanks for a good laugh. Hope today is better.

GGrammie 03-04-2011 04:11 AM

Been there done that.....Some day bed is the only safe place....if you don't fall out of it...
Today will be better