Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many machines do you have? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-machines-do-you-have-t224314.html)

Barbwork 06-23-2013 05:49 AM

How many machines do you have?

I've been reading this post for about a month. It amazes me how many machines are listed after a name, or by chance in a reply.

I'm new to quilting... starting out with a sewing machine Brother CS6000i, and a Janome 1034 Serger. Neither is for quilting... so, what do you all have that you're proud to talk about. I need to add to my machines - one for quilting, and one for embroidery?

Thanks for sharing!

Joset 06-23-2013 05:55 AM

i have two janome, a janome serger, and old singer that belonged to my mom that i
inherited. i also have a bernina and a toyota. so 6 machines. oh and i have
a janome 1600p on my long arm. the two janome are a horizon and a little one
i think the 125 anniversary one.(to lazy to get up and look)

Stitchnripper 06-23-2013 05:55 AM

I have 7 machines and one serger. One is a featherweight and one is a treadle. Recently got a 401a which I like a lot but my favorite is my 10 year old mechanical Brother from Costco. I haven't been bitten by the embroidery bug yet.

happylab 06-23-2013 06:08 AM

I have 4 sewing machines, 1 serger, 1 embroidery machine, and one long arm and one other quilting machine that is still in its box. Just wished I had the space to have them out at the same time. LOL!

EllieGirl 06-23-2013 06:12 AM

My machine is a Brother Dreamweaver XE. It's a combination embroidery, sewing, and quilting. It's a top of the line machine by Brother but worth every penny of it. I used to use a Brother SE400, also a combo machine but on a much smaller size. I used it as my only machine before the Dreamweaver but FMQ is hard to do on it because it's small.

sewmary 06-23-2013 06:21 AM

Pfaff 2038, Viking Platinum 715, Pfaff Ambition 1.0, Featherweight, Sweet Sixteen sit down quilter.

Love them all. The Viking was my FMQ machine till I got the 16. Ambition is my piecing machine because of the dual feed. Featherweight is on display in living romm and people admire it, although I have recently pieced a complete top with it.

mosquitosewgirl 06-23-2013 06:22 AM

Just two, unless you count the one my friend loaned me so that I can learn how to use it so that I can teach her..teeheeeheeee. My two are a Janome Horizon 7700 and a Juki Pearline Serger...love them both. My friends is Aa older Bernina embroidery machine.

bearisgray 06-23-2013 06:29 AM

How many one NEEDS and how many one WANTS and how many one HAS and how many one USES are four different questions!,
I

BellaBoo 06-23-2013 06:38 AM

Bernina
Singer Quantum
Singer Featherweight
Singer 301
Singer 15 in cabinet with optional knee power control (love that)
2 Janome Jems
Brother Nouvelle1500 S

I use them all. I bought three of them, the rest were given to me. I won the Brother quilting machine. The older Singer Quantum has the best stitch of them all.

patricej 06-23-2013 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 6138485)
How many one NEEDS and how many one WANTS and how many one HAS and how many one USES are four different questions!

toooooo true! LOL

i have .... hmmmm ...

1. Janome MC11000SE
2. Janome MC8900
3. Janome MC6600P (which I'm holding for a friend who's going to buy it.)
4. Singer (something-or-other, built in the 40s. does not work. just for show.)
5. Singer (built in the 20s. does not work. just for show.)
6. Brother (built in the 50s. parked at my father's house to use while i'm there. it's a bit of a tank. LOL
7. Simplicity Quilters Classic (here until i find just the right new home for it.)
8. White; portable model (ditto re new home.)

so, that makes 8 that i own; two that i use; one that my friend is using/learning.

believe it or not, there were more.
i gave some to friends, one or two were contributed to a fundraiser yard sale.

luckily for me (and my budget) i don't have any space for a long-arm rig. LOL