Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many machines do you own? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-machines-do-you-own-t87479.html)

Jo Belmont 01-05-2011 06:35 AM

Two for me, and one serger. Holding out for longarm.

IBQLTN 01-05-2011 06:35 AM

Oh, I have a Pfaff 7570, Viking Designer 1, Elna Stella (same size as a featherweight), and a Pfaff 4760 serger. Oh, and my the singer tredle that was my hubby's grandmother's.

mrsddh97 01-05-2011 06:38 AM

I started quilting about 4 yrs ago and I have 2 sewing machines that both get used fairly regularly.

bgullett 01-05-2011 06:40 AM

Two sewing machines, a brother and a Husquvarna. And my Brothers Embroidery machine.

Bill'sBonBon 01-05-2011 06:59 AM

I have my work horse Kenmore,she is abt. 12 yrs old. A new Kenmore I got for Christmas Last yr. Great for piecing but I dont think it could stand up to what I put the other through.
A NewHome treadel, I need to get some needles for and use it.
An old Singer cabinet with original electric wiring and motor don't want to use it until I decide if it is safe... may need to be redwired.
So that is 4...But truely want a FW maybe one day.
BillsBonBon

jad1044 01-05-2011 07:33 AM

I have 3 and one that is my mom's old machine - each sews well, and I use them as needed; my good machine is also an embroidery machine, but I use it for my quilting also - and my regular machine I use for mending and tough projects. It is handy to have a backup. I have a serger and have not really learned to use it yet; we got it at an auction and I have not taken the time to learn how to rethread it - and although I did use it for a short duration and loved it - I have not gotten back to it.

huntannette 01-05-2011 07:48 AM

I have two Husqvarnas, an old singer threadle machine i bought from the original owner....it works like a charm, also a old Singer lightweight as well as a serger.....wish i could get a longarm but i`d have to move for that!!! lol

grann of 6 01-05-2011 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by huntannette
I have two Husqvarnas, an old singer threadle machine i bought from the original owner....it works like a charm, also a old Singer lightweight as well as a serger.....wish i could get a longarm but i`d have to move for that!!! lol

Yeah, I've been thinking about that for my next big purchase, but the kid's sleepover room would have to go. Hmmmm.....they're getting too big for sleepovers anyway :roll:

Nona 01-05-2011 08:02 AM

I have 2 pfaff's, 2 featherweights, Singer 99, Spartan (same as the Singer99), 2 kenmores from the 40's, and a Viking mega quilter, plus a pfaff treadle machine, one serger. I guess I am just about at my limit unless I find a new special one.....

All of these are in sewing condition...Just depends on my mood

MS quilter 01-05-2011 08:06 AM

I have 20 machines. I really need to find a home for some of them but it's so hard to decide which ones.