Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many machines do you own? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-machines-do-you-own-t87479.html)

Jennifer22206 01-03-2011 08:42 PM

I just purchased my 3rd small machine today since my other 2 main ones (a Singer and a White) are both in the shop for repairs and won't be ready for at least another 3 weeks. I've been having withdrawals since I haven't been able to sew for about a month! So I have a new cheap Singer.

I also have a serger but no idea how to use it (was given to me)

jaciqltznok 01-03-2011 08:51 PM

I am now down to ...let me count...1 serger, 1 treadle, 1 hand crank, and 6 other sewing machines! Not too bad! I recently sold off 2 of my vintage Berninas!

Naturalmama 01-03-2011 08:55 PM

Hmmmmmm..... looks like I may need to look for another! lol! Maybe I should start scouting craigslist or goodwill.

jaciqltznok 01-03-2011 08:57 PM

I hit the thrift stores all the time...I have found 2 Berninas there...a 930 and a 770! BOTH worked wonderfully and had ALL of their parts and manuals! I paid $40 for each one!

fabric whisperer 01-03-2011 08:59 PM

I have multiples, too -- 2 embroidery machines, 2 sergers (one broken), deep throat quilter, coverstitch machine, junky basic machine... Love my main Designer I, then in the middle of embroidering a quilt for nephew's wedding, my embroidery unit froze ... needless to say, the quilt had to get done! So I picked up a Singer Futura 150 just to get the embroidery done... I am addicted to embroidery, so it can be used as a backup... if my other two main sew/quilt machines go down... so I hung onto it. Use my serger all the time, as I do garments too... and a cruddy baseline White just for total emergencies... then just picked up a treadle today, cannot wait to get it up and running :) Now I really have something that will let me sew even if the power goes out! Heck, didn't they used to sew by candlelight anyway?

kathidahl 01-03-2011 09:13 PM

Use the Search feature and you will find several threads on this topic...and lots of reasons for having any number of machines. Me, I need all 8 of mine!!

akrogirl 01-03-2011 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
Too many to count

and way to many to list here ;)

Ain't that the truth, lol.

Mary M 01-03-2011 09:31 PM

I have 5 machines. A Janome 6600, a Juki, an old 50's Bernina, a Singer 66 16, and an old Meister that was made in Germany. Don't use the Bernina right now for it needs a new belt nor do I use the Meister for I just don't need to. The Bernina is a machine my mother bought in the 50's and I done a whole lot of sewing on it.

klarina 01-03-2011 09:40 PM

I have two Brothers that I use only for embroidery, one Janome that I use for sewing and two sergers: one threaded in white and the other in black color.

And I would love to buy a Pfaff 1229 if I could afford it.

Dee 01-03-2011 09:44 PM

Too many, but can't part with any of my babies.