Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many quilt tops do you have? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-quilt-tops-do-you-have-t63694.html)

Mariposa 09-08-2010 02:24 PM

I haven't counted lately! Almost scared to! They just hang in the closet by the long-arm, waiting patiently. Sometimes they are too quiet! :)

candi 09-08-2010 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
I only have one....I make it a point to completely finish one before starting another one!...please don't throw things at me!! :lol:

Same here.

leatheflea 09-08-2010 02:26 PM

4 pieced quilt tops and 3 with the blocks made but not sewn together. One almost quilted and one baby quilt layed but not quilted.

JenniePenny 09-08-2010 02:33 PM

One that is ready to be quilted. I will send it out this Saturday. Then, there will be about a three week lag when I can finish two other tops that are WIP's. I will quilt those two myself. That should take me until Thanksgiving, anyway.

So, only 3.

Maybe1day 09-08-2010 02:36 PM

Only the one I am working on at the moment, at the moment I always complete what I am working on before starting something new (unless it is something small in between projects)

Maybe1day

maryb119 09-08-2010 03:12 PM

I don't want to count.....

SuziC 09-08-2010 03:22 PM

Oh MY...the truth comes out! I have three tops to do, one queen size to quilt and 6 baby size to cut out yet!
Aren't quilters a busy bunch??

SuziC 09-08-2010 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
4 pieced quilt tops and 3 with the blocks made but not sewn together. One almost quilted and one baby quilt layed but not quilted.

Leatheflea, love your pink quilt in the avatar!!

leaha 09-08-2010 04:49 PM

am doing good, so far only have 3 full size to be quilted, blocks for the 4th full size one to finish. wall quilts one flying 3D to quilt, still trying to figure out how to quilt that on as parts are 3D. 7 little minis to finish up. so not bad for me, finished several up by giving the tops to my sister as she got a LA, LOL

ksea 09-08-2010 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
Now that I have decided to hand quilt my wall hanging, I can see why so many people make quilt top after quilt top yet don't actually turn their quilt tops into finished quilts. Quilting is tedious and hurts my fingers. lol I WILL continue and I won't give up but I'm itching to start another quilt top. How many quilt tops do you have that are waitin for the day you find enough energy to make them into actual quilts? :-D

Ummm, maybe like 13-15 and all but 2 of them are already sandwiched and 2 of them already have some quilting done on them, Hand quilting is my strong suit and so I just sandwich them and pack them away, that way they are ready when I am. I oldest one in the tote is about 7 years old, the year I started quilting seriously. Hope no one here knows my DH and mentions them to him. I'm not sure what he thinks I have done with them but I know he doesn't know they are in a tote. He did tell me I could buy a quilting machine and frame so maybe he suspects!! :oops: