Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-t254706.html)

Zyngawf 10-03-2014 07:01 AM

How many?

How many of your own quilts do you have in your house? I think I haven't been quilting as long as most of you. I've only given one small baby quilt away. So far just have a small collection of my own quilts that I love to use. As far as giving them away I think you never really know if people will want them or appreciate them, so I'm probably keeping most of mine. How big is this stack allowed to get? It's an addictive hobby that is so so fun and the world is full of quilters, we don't need anymore, yet I don't think I can ever quit.

QuiltnNan 10-03-2014 07:08 AM

I have lots of small quilts... I usually give away the large ones. There is always room for more artisans in the world... so quilt on!

Terri D. 10-03-2014 07:09 AM

I have nearly all of them (about a dozen). I've given quilts to my husband and two sons, and they appreciate them and treat them with respect.

I gave a wall hanging to my dear friend and she appreciates it as well.

My niece, on the other hand, said aloud after she opened her newborn's baby quilt that it was "so big" (um, the baby isn't going to be eight pounds forever) and that the quilt would be a great picnic blanket. I was hurt that she was going to keep the quilt from the baby.

I haven't given away any quilts since. I have never seen any photos of my niece's baby with his quilt other than the one I took when it was given to him.

nygal 10-03-2014 07:11 AM

I have lots of seasonal wall hanging quilts that I hang up. I have kept most of the quilts I've made. I have given away a few.

ManiacQuilter2 10-03-2014 07:11 AM

I only have a couple. I have either sold them or given them away. I just now make quilt tops for charity.

bj 10-03-2014 07:12 AM

I have only made about 65 quilts. All have been gifted but one. It's on my grandson's bed in his room at my house. I also have 3 others at my house that I've made, but they are his quilts. I'm not sure I'd have as much fun with quilting if I wasn't thinking about the person I'm making it for. Even charity quilts get a little prayer for the person they're going to.

Bree123 10-03-2014 07:20 AM

I mostly make crib quilts & quilted items for babies (bibs, changing pads, etc), so I don't have any "bed quilts" at home. I have a couple quilted items -- table runner, placemats... I also have a UFO quilt that is a 4x4' holiday wall hanging (Thanksgiving & Christmas combined). I started it last December, then put it away in January. Maybe it will get finished this year. We'll see.

mpspeedy2 10-03-2014 07:20 AM

I have been quilting for at least 40 years. I have several bed size quilts that I use for protecting my sofas from the cat, covers on my wing chairs, an antique trunk and my cedar chest. There is one currently on my queen size bed. I have more in that antique trunk. I have given away a lot and even worn out a few. I mostly make Linus quilts these days. Ironically I won a king size quilt in a raffle held my a local quild. It is to big and the wrong color for my bedroom. If my step son's, step-daughter ever marries her live in, father of her son, I will give it to her as a wedding present.

DJ 10-03-2014 07:21 AM

Interesting question ... will have to count them up room-by-room ...
Bed quilt in each bedroom, including pillow shams (3)
Wall hangings (2 with plans for more)
Table toppers (5 out right now and more in the closets)
Throws (2 on the couches + 2 in the closets - change them out with the seasons)
Christmas quilts (1 wall hanging, 2 Christmas throws)
That might be all (for now!) ... 14 or more ...

HomekeepingGran 10-03-2014 07:23 AM

How many in my own home? LOL, the answer is zero. I'm just beginning this new adventure in quilting.