Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Many... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-t63637.html)

Deecee 09-08-2010 04:53 AM

I have a one and only.

clem55 09-08-2010 06:07 AM

A serger, a Janome MC8000(20 years old) and my featherweight that never gets used.It was my first machine . Hoping to replace the MC as the LCD light has gone bad, can hardly read anything on it, $300 to repair. Just not sure if I want to spend $5ooo for a new one, and I"d love the new MC11000 !!

deema 09-08-2010 06:14 AM

I have just the one. It's my first machine, and very basic...got it for christmas a few years ago. I'm eyeing up a new machine, maybe for christmas this year! :)

oldhag 09-08-2010 06:27 AM

My Singer CE-250 is set up for embroidery only (never tried sewing on it). My Singer 9940 is set up with black thread right now for a WIP, My White Speedylock 639 for serging.My 301 is set up with beige thread for a WIP, my handcrank 128 is set up for scrappy piecing. The other machines are in various nooks and crannies around the house awaiting a project. I like having each machine set up for a different project so that when I tire of one project I can just switch to the other one quickly.

debbieumphress 09-08-2010 06:31 AM

I have 5 in my sewing room, three are vintage and on a shelf. And I have 5 in my trunk for Project Linus to use once a month that are all Janome's and a Husqavarana. I like my personal ones set up, one with a walking foot, 1/4 foot, and regular. I love machines. DOn't sell it, just as soon as you do, one will go done and you will need it.LOL

BellaBoo 09-08-2010 06:43 AM

I keep a Janome Gem Gold in the car trunk for taking to guild meetings. I have a Singer 301 I use for most all my piecing. I have a Singer Quantum I use for zig zag/decorative stitches/overcasting. I have a Brother 1500 for machine quilting. I have a Singer Featherweight because it's so cute and I have a Singer 15-90 in cabinet I use for paper piecing. I have a Janome treadle I never use. DD bought a Janome Gem and used it once and left it in my sewing room. I sew on it every now and then to keep it lubricated. The only one I bought was the Gem and the Quantum, the rest were given to me.

Quiltforme 09-08-2010 09:00 AM

I have one juki 3 brothers and use them all

retired2pa 09-08-2010 09:36 AM

I have a Brother ULT2003D (bought new) that I use mostly for embroidery (thinking of selling, though since I don't use it much); A Brother for taking to classes (don't use it much either..it's in a case in my closet); a Singer 328K Rocketeer (don't use it much...just like the looks of it);a vintage Mercury that I have displayed in my guest room; and a Brother PQ1500s that I use for piecing and quilting (LOVE this machine!!).

As soon as you get rid of one of your machines you'll wish you never would have...believe me!

feline fanatic 09-08-2010 09:39 AM

I have 4. My Bernina for all peicing and any other sewing I may do. It is an older QE and does not have embroidery capability other then the pre-programmed block letters.
My old JC Penney machine which was my first machine I got in high school. It is sitting in a closet gathering dust but I keep it for a backup. My treadle that I just got last year and still haven't gotten her in working order and finally my Innova longarm that I just got in July. I am in the process of finishing up an old UFO to slap on the Innova which will be my first real quilt to put on it. Up until now I have been working on practice sandwich but I am ready to do a real quilt.

Jeanniejo 09-08-2010 09:45 AM

I have a treadle machine, 3 set up in my sewing room, one for piecing, one for quilting and one for embroidery. Also a Janome I use for classes and traveling, and one old one that does things that are heavy duty, patches, leather etc. I guess that makes 6 and yes, I use them all !!!