Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Many UFO's Do You Have? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-ufos-do-you-have-t295753.html)

SillySusan 03-25-2018 06:09 PM

How Many UFO's Do You Have?

I was just wondering about the average number of UFO's we have. I pulled all mine out and found 7 quilts and 43 pack-n-play sheets in progress. (OK, the sheets are not quilts, so maybe they don't count, but they are cut and ready to sew.)

How many do you have and what are your plans to finish them?

SusieQOH 03-25-2018 06:18 PM

Right off the top of my head I'd say 10. I've been practicing FMQ so that has held me up from finishing some. I used to hand quilt only. I'll get to them one way or another. I also have a lot more in my head that I want to do and have the fabric for :)
What are pack-n-play sheets? I never heard of them.

Teen 03-25-2018 06:30 PM

Only 1 for me. I cannot function with unfinished projects. Lol! The only reason I have one UFO is because I cannot decide on block layout. Blocks were orphaned and I have extra fabric. I should just sew it up and be done with it, I know. However, i have about 10 stacks of designated/coordinated fabrics w/patterns chosen for future quilts awaiting their turn. They keep taunting me as I try to stay focused on the SBS quilt.

SillySusan 03-25-2018 06:49 PM

Pack-n-play sheets are for those little crib things that are used as cribs for infants and turn into playpens for little older babies.

Since my youngest baby is 54 yrs old, I never used any of these new contraptions. The crisis pregnancy center I sew for gave me a sample sheet to copy and told me that they are in high demand. I have been making them for several years now and donate about 100 or so every year. They are very easy to make.

Mariposa 03-25-2018 07:05 PM

I'm not counting!! Lol! ;)

Gannyrosie 03-25-2018 07:12 PM

Too many and I don't want to count. ������

Lafpeaches 03-25-2018 07:14 PM

I’m down to 3 plus one I’m in the process of quilting. I’ve decided to finish what I’ve started. I just finished the Hippity Hop quilt by Edyta Sitar which I started 10/2009. My goal is to finish 2 this year so 1 down and 1 to go. The most UFO’s I’ve had at one time is 10 (those are all finished).

Cari-in-Oly 03-25-2018 09:18 PM

I've got at least 10 UFOs. I did finish one a few weeks ago but new fun projects keep distracting me.

As for the pack n play sheets, did you know that a full size flat sheet will get you 4 pack n play sheets? I buy nice flat sheets at Goodwill.

Cari

Bobbinalong 03-25-2018 11:03 PM

You're not going to make me open the cupboard to count them are you?

There are several 'flimsies' because I like to race through simple Linus piecing at the kitchen table during the winter. Then there are the other projects that have been started at workshops where I have learnt a new technique, or just fancied going. Oh, and one or two bits and pieces that have begun for presents but didn't make the birthday deadline. Shhh....!!

I must get a wriggle on with some of them before the weather improves and I am distracted by the garden.

NZquilter 03-26-2018 02:50 AM

I don't count my UFO's. I sew what I want to sew, when I want to sew it :D I have one from 2012, but I think that is my oldest. Maybe I should join the UFO group here o the QB.