Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Many of We Quilters are Grandparents????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-we-quilters-grandparents-t70361.html)

TN Donna 10-17-2010 02:41 PM

Some how my answer didn't show up. I probably forgot to hit send. I have 2 sons and 2 daughter. The oldest son has a daughter 12 and a son 11 who has autism and a mental block. He has the mental capacity of a 18-24 month old. My oldest daughter has one son who is 9. The youngest lives with me.

TN Donna 10-17-2010 02:44 PM

You are truly blessed.

wanderingcreek 10-17-2010 02:45 PM

I have three adorable grandsons one of whom has lived with me since birth, They are almost 2, 4 and 6. I love them dearly but keep wishing for a granddaughter as I would love to make sweet little dresses like I made for my daughter when she was little but that may never happen but I still love the boys even though they are quite a handful. The 6 year old loves to help me make quilts and everyone that I make he wants to keep for himself.

theifner 10-17-2010 03:52 PM

4 grandchildren 4 step-grandchildren and 3 foster grandchildren

blue10moon9 10-17-2010 04:01 PM

No grandchildren yet... but I have 2 granddogs.

angelarose 10-17-2010 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
I did quilt a little when I was raising five kids and homeschooling a few long years ago. Now that I am somewhat retired I have had more time to persue the sewing/quilting that I would like to. My hat is off to those very ambious young Mothers/Fathers who quilt and get a lot of them finished instead of being left in the UFO Department.

Just wondered how many Grandparents are out there. Aren't Grandkids the greatest!
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Oh, forgot to mention I have ten!

I have 7 grandkids. I don't see them as much now these past few years since retiring and then taking care of my parents.
Grand kids are awesome and I love them dearly. My project the next few months is to make each one a quilt. Two down and the rest to go.
It's a wonderful time in our lives....

xenodeno 10-17-2010 04:35 PM

I have 1 grandson, Alex 6years old and he has me tied around his little finger. Not that I SPOIL him or anything. ;-)

jschulte 10-17-2010 05:13 PM

I have 5, two girls are first and last and three boys in the
middle. I've made them all quilts. Age 2, 4, 5, 10, 13. The
poor 13 year old had to wait till she was 10 to get hers.
Time is everything.

sewnsew 10-17-2010 05:17 PM

I have 7 grandchildren - 4 girls and 3 boys, ranging in age from 12 years to 2 months. So blessed !

SandraD 10-17-2010 05:29 PM

I have just one, but still have two kids living at home - one still in highschool. Work full-time, plus I'm an elected official (City Councilwoman) - and that's like a very busy part-time job. Crazy, crazy....but somehow I find time to quilt. I am looking forward more time for quilting.