Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many of you keep track of your quilts? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-you-keep-track-your-quilts-t134224.html)

peacequiltingnana 06-30-2011 07:57 AM

When I first started quilting I was told to somehow keep a journal or catalog of all my quilts. I didn't pay too much attention but now wish I had done a better job of taking photos and documenting the quilt. I'm curious how many of you keep track of your quilts. For instance, how many you've made, who they went to, the pattern, etc. How do you do it, journaling, digitally, scrapbooking? Clever ideas you want to share?!?

Opal Jane 06-30-2011 07:59 AM

I have a Thimbleberries Quilt Journal that I track all my quilts and I have a picture of each one.

Glassquilt 06-30-2011 07:59 AM

I have pictures.

QuiltingJaguar 06-30-2011 08:01 AM

I remind all my friends to sign their quilts as they did not think it necessary. I try and remember to take photo or two, put them into a photo album with note year, to who or name of quilt. I am sure not perfect and sometimes I forget all this. LOL

Jennifer22206 06-30-2011 08:02 AM

I do. I keep a small journal with every one and I got dollar store photo albums that I made into a small scrapbook. I keep all the journals in a photo storage box. If I give a quilt as a gift the journal goes with it.

Edited to add, I keep snippets of the fabrics I used in my mini scrapbook. Its fun to see what I worked with. The journals keep track of time that I worked on the quilt, like, this block took 2 hours, etc

SparkMonkey 06-30-2011 08:03 AM

I'm still fairly new to quilting, but I have a blog and I plan on making progress and completion reports over there on a regular basis. I'll use tags to keep everything organized (by quilt, completed projects, problem solving, etc).

BarbaraSue 06-30-2011 08:08 AM

Until my mind goes I have an idea of how many and what they looked like. I've tried to take pictures of them, but that doesn't always happen for reason or another. I have a journal for my doodling! and other ideas I want to quilt, but I'm not a journal person, and that doesn't appeal to me. But I need to do something better than I do, just haven't found out what. Guess at the least I could start a ledger-- doesn't that sound lovely--NOT.

BarbaraSue 06-30-2011 08:08 AM

Until my mind goes I have an idea of how many and what they looked like. I've tried to take pictures of them, but that doesn't always happen for reason or another. I have a journal for my doodling! and other ideas I want to quilt, but I'm not a journal person, and that doesn't appeal to me. But I need to do something better than I do, just haven't found out what. Guess at the least I could start a ledger-- doesn't that sound lovely--NOT.

Kehoeta 06-30-2011 08:08 AM

I track photos on my computer - not much else

cjomomma 06-30-2011 08:18 AM

I have pictures but that is all.