Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many of you ---- (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-you-t58783.html)

Drew 08-11-2010 04:54 AM

Kim,

I see you are in SE Michigan. So am I!! Where do you live? Perhaps we could meet!

gmaybee 08-11-2010 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by watterstide

Originally Posted by redvette54
I would like to be included if you plan a " Michigan get together"

i think we were talking about trying a get together in the fall...
we will keep in touch for sure! Kim in taylor

I'd like to be included also if it works around my two jobs.

Up North 08-11-2010 05:38 AM

I would also be interested in a Michigan get away. I live near the Tip of the Mit so don't want to go really far south.

Gabbystabber 08-11-2010 06:19 AM

I met a gal who lives in my community and invited her to my local guild meeting. Great gal too.
Isn't this quilting board wonderful!

montanablu 08-11-2010 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by watterstide

Originally Posted by redvette54
I would like to be included if you plan a " Michigan get together"

i think we were talking about trying a get together in the fall...
we will keep in touch for sure! Kim in taylor

If we can invite ourselves :oops: I'd like to join you!

blackbearbetty 08-11-2010 06:27 AM

I met someone that lives just down the street from me .

GrammyX3 08-11-2010 07:33 AM

A meet and greet in Michigan sounds Great! From What I see alot of the Michigan members here are from south eastern Michigan. For me thats about a 3 1/2 to a 4 hour ride. I live in the Slive Lake area north and west of Grand Rapids. Long ride and not much vacation left from work.

catrancher 08-11-2010 07:59 AM

I met with a group. They were all very nice people. I'm not particularly outgoing though, and so I felt a little overwhelmed. The conversation was too noisy and chaotic for me. They're continuing to meet, but it isn't for me.

Just as an aside, we had to take our shoes off at the door. I am disabled by arthritis, and my feet are especially bad. I can't walk around barefoot even for a little while. I didn't feel comfortable walking in with wet shoes on the host's white carpet, and so I suffered in silence (my choice). I guess I'm saying this so that if you are someone who wants people to remove their shoes, it would help to say so ahead of time. I could have brought some clean soles and I would have been a lot more comfortable.

chamby 08-11-2010 08:55 AM

I haven't met any yet. However there was someone on this board that said she reconized me from Hancocks. It would be nice to know who she is and meet her.
Charlene

baglady65 08-11-2010 09:55 AM

I have not met anyone from here but I have from another message board we met at the Houston Quilt Fest! I belong to a chat room and I have met up with most of the I chat with every morning. Some of us are meeting this Fall I Houston again. I have met a lady for Spain and Australua