Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How much does a treadle cabinet weigh ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-much-does-treadle-cabinet-weigh-t123460.html)

Pins n' Ndls 05-16-2011 06:57 AM

I know the sewing machine itself weighs about 30 lbs. Does anyone know how much the table/cabinet weighs? Don't know if DH can get one in the car. Help!

ckcowl 05-16-2011 07:07 AM

i think bulkiness is probably more of a determination than weight--i can get pretty heavy stuff in my car- just not pretty big stuff.
as for the cabinet...without machine? probably between 50 & 100 pounds...my mom's weighs in at 80 lbs.

QuiltE 05-16-2011 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
i think bulkiness is probably more of a determination than weight--i can get pretty heavy stuff in my car- just not pretty big stuff.
as for the cabinet...without machine? probably between 50 & 100 pounds...my mom's weighs in at 80 lbs.

Ditto ... I'd be more concerned about the size/shape of it fitting!
Measure before you start trying to move it around.

jeaninmaine 05-16-2011 08:28 AM

If there's someone there to help him, he shouldn't have a problem lifting it, measure the amount of room you have. Figure it'll be at least 30" high(table height) and probably about 24 x 30-36 on top.

Pins n' Ndls 05-16-2011 02:56 PM

A big thank you to ckcowl, QuiltE and jeaninmaine for your help. That info will determine whether or not I someday will bring home a beloved treadle !!!

Jennifer22206 05-16-2011 03:02 PM

My treadle machine weighs about 25-30 pounds. The cabinet is 75 on its own.

QuiltE 05-16-2011 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Pins n' Ndls
A big thank you to ckcowl, QuiltE and jeaninmaine for your help. That info will determine whether or not I someday will bring home a beloved treadle !!!

And her you had us thinking you had acquired a new/old treadle! :)

susanwilley 05-16-2011 04:25 PM

I know the sewing machine itself weighs about 30 lbs. Does anyone know how much the table/cabinet weighs? Don't know if DH can get one in the car. Help!

My husband and I brought my treadles home in our Jeep Cherokee. We had to put the back seat down. Not sure how it would fit in the back seat of a car, but it wasn't so much heavy as bulky to carry and lift.

Pins n' Ndls 05-17-2011 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
My treadle machine weighs about 25-30 pounds. The cabinet is 75 on its own.

Thank you so much for your input. Appreciate it. Love your "Location" ....any room for me ?

Pins n' Ndls 05-17-2011 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE

And her you had us thinking you had acquired a new/old treadle! :)

My Mother used to say "if wishes were horses then beggars might ride" ........... maybe someday...maybe